Note to New Members ×

Pure Carve Maverick 175

Dave Winters

SBS: Ride The Edge

I've been able to see the old vids of Doyle, Cabell, Ledingham, Ahumada, and others surf Aspen and Buttermilk. What a sight to see these surfing legends teach us how to ride on the edge. One of the best riders I've ever seen on film is George Papadatos (sp?) on a Rossi 184 WC in his mid-60s.

I just wish everyone could see those old videos. It's a reference point for where the sport was, is, and is going. Best music of the video was Gary Hoey's Peahi. It's off of his CD "Money".

Mark

Mav is going to be mostly a show pice in the fine company of 2 Freesurf Highlanders (dark and light wood versions), and 2 woody asyms, Alp and Air.

However, I really want to try to ride it, just to see how another legendary board felt compared to modern stuff. I'll write up a report in Cypress tread. If not this season, next winter for sure.

Love Ride the Edge - my favorite vid! That's my summer-kill-the-blues fix. I admire their style. I try to emulate it and mix with EC when conditions are right.