Note to New Members ×

Powder Corp.........

Galen

...must DIE!!!!:AR15firin Worst grooming EVER...and that's saying something.:barf:

Mt Bachelor I presume? Bummer.

Hood has been improving a little bit this season. Still a "B" most days.

Couple of "A"s this year when it would be hard to screw up. Mostly the better machines. Wish they spent some of the "Park" budget on the main runs. It is a business, and that is where the money is.

Galen, I take it they have been letting you down at Bach?

It seems they aren't even trying since we been here since early feb. today was cat "humps" running the length of the runs off sunrise and rainbow spaced at intervals of about 15-20 ft. It would have been better if they didn't groom at all. The fair to atrocious grooming, along with the spotty lift ops and early closures, I think we've written bach off for next year, looking at long term rentals in zig zag area for next year. ...oh well.

It seems they aren't even trying since we been here since early feb. today was cat "humps" running the length of the runs off sunrise and rainbow spaced at intervals of about 15-20 ft. It would have been better if they didn't groom at all. The fair to atrocious grooming, along with the spotty lift ops and early closures, I think we've written bach off for next year, looking at long term rentals in zig zag area for next year. ...oh well.

Sorry to hear about this.

You will certainly be welcome at Mt Hood.

Be fun to see your tribe up at Mt Hood.

Great deals on passes too!

Galen, I've seen some really good days and some really bad days. Friday after OES was IMHO a really good day.

I encourage Bachelorites to give feedback on the extreme good and bad days to info@mtbachelor.com. They need to know when they are messing up, and they need to know when they do a good job as well so we can say "yeah - more like Day X, that was good".

I'd most certainly like to see more effort - but remember, squeaky wheels get the grease...

Howdy Galen

I thought the grooming almost always sucked at Bachelor. I remember a run of days, right after G-Mac got back from Aspen, when it was just plain superb. I don't think you were there those days. I know we had a couple ok days, too, but the speed bumps running down the fall line seemed ubiquitous to me.

Mt Bachelor is a prime example of a company with a captive market, that knows it, and does very little to behave otherwise.

Out of about 30 days, I'd say 3-4 were good, 6 were good enough, about 6 powder days, the rest were inconsistent-poor. We've emailed them 3 times and they always blame the weather. this last one had:"In the past month I have also received many letters about how the grooming is actually better than it is has ever been. It seems to vary by the day and most people give far too much credit to us (good or bad),when night by night the weather and type of snow surface have far more impact than our efforts, which remain pretty consistent." ..so, they wont except any responsibility for the grooming. the "better then it's ever been" is a joke. Dave, I think your right about them being the only game in town mentality they seem to have. We haven't made a final decision yet, but are leaning heavily towards "somewhere else". We'll see how the next 6 weeks goes.:rolleyes:

Hey Galen,

Not captive enough! :biggthump

We will ride there a few more times this season. It is a really good carving mountain, but........

We had a pass the last two seasons, but did not get one this season, in part, because of all the management and grooming issues. Hopefully they won't cram all the skiers into Sunrise lodge (when they close West Village) in a couple more weeks like they did last year.

Tahoe was fun last week and maybe next week too. :D

:p Dont piss me off, we may decide on SLC just to vex you guys.:eplus2: Seriously though, Hood has 3 areas I like and is 2.5 hours closer to OLY. We ended up having to go back home a bunch this year, so the shorter drive may be a big plus.