Note to New Members ×

!73cm. Prior 11m SC 8.5 WW?

glenn

XY...Probably right...I know I should just go with the flow but I'm, well, anal ;)

Might change the entire direction of board making with this build :). Or end up with a Frankenstien...Either way it'll be a conversation piece :biggthump.

K my fast take.

metal makes wider boards better but you want to use it in a skinny board that your feet are way to big for any how, If you were a alpine athlete you would be riding around a 21cm give or take a few mils. 11m radius are smaller then all Race SL boards so your going to take a SL radius and pretend to free carve on it.

Thats just the tip of the iceberg....

K my fast take.

metal makes wider boards better but you want to use it in a skinny board that your feet are way to big for any how, If you were a alpine athlete you would be riding around a 21cm give or take a few mils. 11m radius are smaller then all Race SL boards so your going to take a SL radius and pretend to free carve on it.

Well...My current Donek has a 18cm ww and I do fairly well with that. And an 11 scr. I really am not familiar with what the alpine athletes ride but standard ww on priors is 19.5 so I'm not that far off of that...Was actually looking for constructive advice...Kind of getting a hostile vibe???

Well...My current Donek has a 18cm ww and I do fairly well with that. And an 11 scr. I really am not familiar with what the alpine athletes ride but standard ww on priors is 19.5 so I'm not that far off of that...Was actually looking for constructive advice...Kind of getting a hostile vibe???

billy always sounds that way, even on the phone!

he has the best of intentions, I called him a couple years ago trying to get a metal prior and he told me I really should get a stiffer one because of my weight. He was willing to miss a sale to get me on the right board.

good cat, he's just direct and seems more hostile in text than he actually is IMO.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the metal and non-metal WCRs had identical specs until the new 2010 metal shapes came out.

I have a 2009 WCR metal 173. It has an 11m scr, 19.5cm waist, and 146cm effective edge. I like it a lot, and the 11m scr seems perfect for the kind of riding I do. If I were going to order a new 2010 model I think I'd go for the 169. It actually has a longer effective edge than my 2009 173, the same scr, but less overall length. I'm not sure which width I'd choose, though. The 19.5 width gives me angles of 60/55 with my 26.5 boots, which I find comfortable, but I'm also comfortable on my 21.4 wide 4WD, which gives me angles of 54/51.

Brad...This isn't going in the direction that I had in mind...Didn't mean to second guess you. You know what the specs are on your equipment and I was wrong to even question...

I'm just thinking I'll give this build a try and if I don't like it I'll get something else...Not the end of the world :)

Thanks for your input though...I think like you said it should ride o.k.;)

• 10 months later...
K my fast take.

Well Bordy...YOU WAS WRONG!!! :)