Note to New Members ×

Fintec Setup Questions:

tex1230

So I bit the bullet after getting left behind ONCE AGAIN messing with my bindings and bought the TD3 package...

I know there's a thread somewhere on how to set these up...and I'm sure the instructions will be fine, but does anyone remember where the thread went with photos of where the pins should sit in the holes?

Also - should I be ordering backup cables and / or anything else?

The cole's notes version is that the toe and heel pieces on the binding should be set up as short as possible while still allowing the pins to pop out when stepping in. This puts most of the downward load into the front (non-moving) pins.

I carry my old F2 heels as spares. I think the only things likely to fail are the cables and the little plastic link that the cable pulls. Even that's fairly unlikely if you push down on your heel while trying to release. I pull the cable gently and then push/rock my heel down. You can actually feel the pins release as the cable slides upwards easily. Very minimal force should be needed at the cable, maybe 5-10 lbs.