Note to New Members ×

Mammoth MVP Program $576 - bloody deal!

Loc

http://www.mammothmountain.com/MountainActivities/Passes/

Also, from the FAQ:

What is PassCash and what are its benefits?

PassCash is cash loaded onto your season pass during the April Pass Sale and is good at any Mammoth Mountain operated business starting on June 20, 2009. It’s great for kids of all ages who don’t want to worry about carrying cash or credit cards when they’re on the hill. And if you load PassCash during the April pass sales period in $100 increments, we’ll throw in a 20% bonus (for instance if you buy $100, we’ll credit your pass with $120). But this promotion is available only at the time of purchase and available in $100 increments. And yes, you can use your pass cash to purchase your 10/11 pass, you sneaky devil.

The Mammoth marketing minds seem to finally get it---lower prices, offer value and convenience, and get more business. IntraWest has been shooting itself in the foot at $80+ for full day adult ticket. Now the reintroduction of the value pass, which pays for itself in about 7 days. What a deal! I hope it gives the mountain a jolt of last minute revenue it needs for the 09 season.

Definitely, good for them. They needed to make some concessions on ticket/pass prices and opening MVP is a good way to get the excitement going again. I guess we don't have the "exclusivity" we had in previous years now that it is open to everyone, but I am glad to renew again! :)

Definitely, good for them. They needed to make some concessions on ticket/pass prices and opening MVP is a good way to get the excitement going again. I guess we don't have the "exclusivity" we had in previous years now that it is open to everyone, but I am glad to renew again! :)

What other benefits to MVP members get? I'm mostly interested in cheaper motel stays. I typically spend my nights in Bishop to save money. It would be nice to stay in Mammoth for the same rates.

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine on Monday morning :D

Sorry I didn't address your other question. There isn't much in the way of perks that make Mammoth lodging comparable in price to Bishop. There are some discounts on Main Lodge lodging, but it is still expensive overall. All of the "perks" are listed here:

http://www.mammothmountain.com/MountainActivities/Passes/MVP10

Honestly, your cheapest bet in town is the Six for a small group or the Davidson house if you are by yourself.

The Mammoth marketing minds seem to finally get it---lower prices, offer value and convenience, and get more business. IntraWest has been shooting itself in the foot at $80+ for full day adult ticket. Now the reintroduction of the value pass, which pays for itself in about 7 days. What a deal! I hope it gives the mountain a jolt of last minute revenue it needs for the 09 season.

boy...if I had a place to crash I might be into this!

;)

;)

There's a skier in Mammoth who rents out a room nightly for $20. He contacted me through the Mammoth forums when I asked about cheap lodging for Snow Performance. He also rides in hardboots and trench diggers part time. :biggthump

Just splurged on the MVP Pass this morning. That was a lot of money upfront :(

;)

ok, ok, ok, Dave-O. Lets get something on the calander so you can stop making excuses;) induldge yourself and buy a pass---you know you want one.

I will be up with my daughter, her friend, and my son April 5th or 6th thru the 8th or 9th. Let me know what your doing. The only stipulation is that I get to ride your 185 4x4.

GC