Note to New Members ×

Spec. Search

crazyTKDsquirrel

Hey everyone!

I'm in search for some specs on this board. It's a 171 F2 Speedster RS. I got it from a fellow Bomber and we don't know any info on it. The seller said he had it shipped from France because he couldn't find one like it in the US. I've already checked F2's site and didn't find anything. The waist measures 18.8cm.

I have no idea what the effective edge and sidecut are.

147-1.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

F2__2.jpg

Any ideas? :confused:

TKD Its going to be stiffer than the Hot. In your pics it looks like the bindings were mounted foward of center by the last person. By mounting foward it puts more weight foward so you start your turn easier and quicker. IF the front starts hooking move your front binding back 1/4". Charlie

Hey everyone!

I'm in search for some specs on this board. It's a 171 F2 Speedster RS. I got it from a fellow Bomber and we don't know any info on it. The seller said he had it shipped from France because he couldn't find one like it in the US. I've already checked F2's site and didn't find anything. The waist measures 18.8cm.

I have no idea what the effective edge and sidecut are.

147-1.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg

F2__2.jpg

Any ideas? :confused:

are you sure it is a 171?. your pic shows the serial number and the f2 convention is that the first 3 numbers is the length. hence your board should be a 172 unless it is off spec.

it is most likely a 14 meter sidecut. back when the 172W was the wide version of the narrow 170N it had a 14 meter sidecut. however what is confusing about your board is the 18.8 cm waist is too narrow for a 20 cm waisted 172W and is too wide for the 18.0 cm waisted 170N as well as being too long. so another explanation is that it might be a later year model when f2 went to the 4 board/4 sidecut lineup instead of the old 4 board/2 side cut lineup (actually 2 boards but a narrow and wide version of each with either a 13m sidecut or a 14m sidecut.) even in the new school 4 board/4 sidecut lineup your 171 (172 according to the serial number in your pic) would have been the second shortest (currently it has grown to a 174 cm length) board in the series which has a 14m sidecut. my older model 170N has a running length of 148.5 cm which would be equivalent to your 172W if yours is indeed an old school f2. f2’s recommended stance width on my 170N (which would be the same for a 172W) is 46 to 50 centimeters (18.11 to 19.68 inches.) yeah I’m a packrat and I save the spec stickers on all my boards lol.

if you are concerned about the board being too stiff, it will help to ride the narrowest stance you are comfortable with. a narrower stance will make the board feel flexier; a wider stance will make the board feel stiffer.

IBRUSSELL's advice to shift the bindings toward the nose is good if you want the board to ride like a shorter board and turn quicker—makes sense for a beginner. the tradeoff is you get less pop off the tail. when you master the board you can move the bindings back to get more tailpop for the airborne turn transitions that older f2s are noted for.

That's what it was! I don't doubt that it may have not been a 171. I think the seller used a tape measure to measure the OAL and I just used a ruler to check the waist :o (it's all I have in my dorm). I was doubting the 171 when I saw the first three serial numbers. Thank you for your lengthy post, it really cleared things up. Also, thank you for that additional tip! I'll make sure to keep that one in mind as well on Sunday.

Arclite: According from the look of his avatar, looks like tenor sax

I'm supposed to pick up a Harley in Eureka on Sunday, but if that falls through I'll probably head to the mountain. I usually make it up around 9:30 or so and may have one or more of my kids in tow. I'll be in black from head to toe and riding either my Virus Stealth or Black & Red Burner. I'm about 6'5" in my boots so I'm kinda easy to spot....:biggthump Keep an eye out for other locals Ralann and Trikerdad too....