Note to New Members ×

Snow Performance Camp May 15-17

Miltie

Tom,

I take it Jake will be joining us?

Mid may will be your typical spring snow conditions. Pure ice at 7:30am when we start, really great at around 9-10:30am, and turning to slush around 11am. A warm weather wax is needed for the sticky stuff later in the day. Most people's legs seem to give out by about lunch time, and the coaches start video analysis around that time anyway (as well as the beer :) ).

Neil

Tom,

I take it Jake will be joining us?

Mid may will be your typical spring snow conditions. Pure ice at 7:30am when we start, really great at around 9-10:30am, and turning to slush around 11am. A warm weather wax is needed for the sticky stuff later in the day. Most people's legs seem to give out by about lunch time, and the coaches start video analysis around that time anyway (as well as the beer :) ).

Neil

Wow that's an early start. What time does coaching end each day?

Wow that's an early start. What time does coaching end each day?

Mammoth usually switches to a 7:30am-3pm schedule when things get particularly soft out there, like a week or so into May, and that's why Snowperformance gets started with first chair. Conditions are FIRM at that time so sharpen the hell out your edges. Coaching usually goes on until your group is too tired to continue, usually about 1pm at the latest.

Mammoth usually switches to a 7:30am-3pm schedule when things get particularly soft out there, like a week or so into May, and that's why Snowperformance gets started with first chair. Conditions are FIRM at that time so sharpen the hell out your edges. Coaching usually goes on until your group is too tired to continue, usually about 1pm at the latest.

7:30 am... Too tired by 1pm?

OMFG. What did I get myself into here?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, it's time for me to get off the newbie fence. Can't wait to shred with y'all one last time this season at SP! Let's rip :AR15firin:AR15firin

Also, should I bring the Madd and/or ATV? Might bring my friends' skis and try to figure out 2-planking if I have energy left hah.

Skis?? Did I hear someone mention skis?? I am having serious thoughts of selling my remaining inventory of snowboards except for my Rossi 190 and just doing the skiing thing next year. I had a blast while I was on skis at Mammoth this last time. I have skis that have a 14 meter sidecut, looking to find some with a 11-12 meter cut. I like carving, be it on skis or a board.

Take the skis, go have fun off the top!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone here coming up Thursday and going to the meeting at Mammoth Inn that night? I'm doing a half day at work and driving straight to my luxury accomodations - a small plot of Sierra where my tent will go. I'm excited for the clinic and my first camping trip of the summer :biggthump

I can't leave until the bell rings at my work. It'll be close to 10-11pm until I arrive so I will be missing the intro meeting on Thursday evening unfortunately.

My knee decided to start acting up this morning and I am limping a bit, but I REALLY hope I doesn't affect this weekend. I'll take it easy for the next few days and see all of you on Friday morning.

Wow SP was so awesome! I'm already excited to get back on the hill in November to practice everything I learned. The adjustments Sean and Mike made showed in my all-mountain carving. I'm a lot more nimble now and there's less "oh crap oh crap" moments in varying conditions. I only wish I was better at turning through the sleeves :biggthump

It was firm in the morning but got super slushy soon after we started. Crowds were mostly minimal and the temperature was up there.

I camped on Mammoth Scenic Loop like Sincure pointed out. It's a nice area except for the cars pulling into my spot at night waking me up haha. I also got a chance to go to Mono Lake for some photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/loc_nguyen/sets/72157618415913598/

John has group photos he will post when he gets to them.

John,

Thanks for posting the photos. Have yet to download any from my camera.

Just wanted pass on a thanks to everyone attended as I thought we had a good group. The coolest thing though was watching all of us improve over 2-3 days. Sean and Mike did a great job with the coaching which will hopefully help me break some bad habits developed over the years. Many things to focus on for next season.

Lots of fun and nice to meet others who enjoy alpine riding!

Thanks again!! :biggthump

Tom