Note to New Members ×

March 8th Summit Carving Session

Arclite

I'll most likely be there, too.

It’s beginning to look like it may be questionable if I’ll make it after all this weekend. I’ve been having some shoulder pain lately – nothing that happened on the hill, but it was exacerbated this last weekend by pushing myself back up into a standing position every time I got back up from sitting down half-way through a run. (I think I’ll blame Andrea and Julian for making us all wait so they could get set up to take pics. :) Some great photos, by the way. Thank you!) But I finally went to see my doctor about it, and he told me to take 600mg of Ibupropin (Sp?) 2x/day and to take a couple weeks off from anything that might be causing stress on my shoulder. And that leads me to this: I’m thinking about heading up for the Sierra Expression Session in a couple weeks. (The thread is here in the SoCal section.) If I go, I’ll only be able to do the first two days – Mammoth and June. Has anyone else given it any serious consideration?

It’s beginning to look like it may be questionable if I’ll make it after all this weekend. I’ve been having some shoulder pain lately – nothing that happened on the hill, but it was exacerbated this last weekend by pushing myself back up into a standing position every time I got back up from sitting down half-way through a run. (I think I’ll blame Andrea and Julian for making us all wait so they could get set up to take pics. :) Some great photos, by the way. Thank you!) But I finally went to see my doctor about it, and he told me to take 600mg of Ibupropin (Sp?) 2x/day and to take a couple weeks off from anything that might be causing stress on my shoulder. And that leads me to this: I’m thinking about heading up for the Sierra Expression Session in a couple weeks. (The thread is here in the SoCal section.) If I go, I’ll only be able to do the first two days – Mammoth and June. Has anyone else given it any serious consideration?

Well let us know on Saturday if you feel up for it....if not...Erwin! guess who's my new mentor? :biggthump

My shoulder's better, but it's probably only at 70% or so. I'm going to go ahead and give it a rest this weekend in hopes of a 100% recovery in time for the Sierra Session in a couple weeks. You guys have fun tomorrow, and make a turn or two for me!

First off, fun day of carving today. Conditions were hard, smooth and carvable. Better at Snow Summit today, than Bear Mtn on Friday.

After the crew left, I went back up with the Oxygen Proton 149 SL. On the first run down the steep section off Chair 7, I had a collision with a male, teenage, snowboarder.

I was the downhill rider and the uphill snowboarder ran into me, and I felt his jaw slam into my helmet. The other guy had to take the tobaggan ride down. He was spitting up a lot of blood from his gums (he kept all his teeth). He probably sustained a concussion because he didn't remember anything from the collision. The other guy's buddy got to witness the whole thing.

Since I was on the Proton, I wasn't doing the EC thing, so it wasn't a T-bone. I had skidded to a stop at the top of the roller to make sure the coast was clear and then angled to the right to pick up speed for my first heelside carve. Just as was I about to initiate the heelside carve, I heard a skid, looked uphill, and BANG :eek:

Helmet and body armor came in handy again. Only my right bicep is a little sore from the collision. If the other guy was wearing a helmet, I think we both would have walked away from the accident.

I stuck around for the ski patrol, then had to fill out the incident paperwork. After that, I was done for the day.

First off, fun day of carving today. Conditions were hard, smooth and carvable. Better at Snow Summit today, than Bear Mtn on Friday.

After the crew left, I went back up with the Oxygen Proton 149 SL. On the first run down the steep section off Chair 7, I had a collision with a male, teenage, snowboarder.

I was the downhill rider and the uphill snowboarder ran into me, and I felt his jaw slam into my helmet. The other guy had to take the tobaggan ride down. He was spitting up a lot of blood from his gums (he kept all his teeth). He probably sustained a concussion because he didn't remember anything from the collision. The other guy's buddy got to witness the whole thing.

Since I was on the Proton, I wasn't doing the EC thing, so it wasn't a T-bone. I had skidded to a stop at the top of the roller to make sure the coast was clear and then angled to the right to pick up speed for my first heelside carve. Just as was I about to initiate the heelside carve, I heard a skid, looked uphill, and BANG :eek:

Helmet and body armor came in handy again. Only my right bicep is a little sore from the collision. If the other guy was wearing a helmet, I think we both would have walked away from the accident.

I stuck around for the ski patrol, then had to fill out the incident paperwork. After that, I was done for the day.

ayeee! Erwin, only the young'ns are supposed to run into other young'ns :smashfrea

nothing broken i take it?

everyone ok? (besides the concussion on the other kid)

any lawsuits?

etc.....

guys, is been i plesure meet you even if i have not spend much time with you! but i'm sure we will have others opportunity to know each others better!

i'm realy sorry if i have speack my language with Andrea for most of the time!

for julian, i hope you like my little present:)

for andrea:

Andre sono contento che alla fine ci siamo incontrati, il mio telefono è 760 219 3444 e mi puoi contattare quando vuoi!

sono a casa per 4 giorni, e ho gia incominciato i fare le copie di alcuni video che assolutamente devi vedere, fai in modo di inviarmi il tuo indirizzo

via e mail ( megtrimix@aol.com) cosi te li invio. non sono sicuro se domenica posso venire perchè ho già 4 giorni liberi da oggi, però non è escluso in quel caso te li porto di persona!

for the cruw, i need buy a new board, open for any suggestions what do you think about TROPICAL TUBE? i will consider every sigles suggestionfrom you guys! will be not realy easy, like someone of you knows i'm realy attached to 8o's boards! :( wich i can't help my self with that. DO I'M SICK?

thanx

beppe

for julian, i hope you like my little present:)

Beppe,

I was riding down the mountain with Erwin, Albert, and my dad, and when I got my board off, and was walking to the car, I asked Andrea "so what did Beppe want to give to me?"

All he said was "Oh, just a pair of goggles."

I asked him what kind, but he said I'll find out when I get back to the car.

When we got to the car, and i dryed off my board and was about to put it in my board bag, and there is a Burton Factory Prime 7.3 in my bag. I asked my dad if it was his, he reply "Nope, those are your goggles." :biggthump

Thank you so much Beppe, i honestly wasn't expecting that. Mabey gloves or goggles, or something, but not another board. Especially not a Burton Factory Prime.

I plan on working my best to get some nice, clean carves in for the next weekends, and then when I take my trip to Mammoth, take out the Factory Prime and tame the beast :biggthump

Thanks so much Beppe,

Julian

yeah, good times on Sunday. Thanks again Andrea for taking pictures.

Erwin, glad you're not hurt, and thank you for letting me borrow that snappy little Proton. It took a little getting used to, but it's a fun lively little board.

Julian, that's what i was asking you about at the car... hehe

I'll be up at Summit this Wednesday and Mammoth over the weekend. Hopefully the season is still kicking for a few more weeks when i get back. We're getting close to spring here...

Beppe, nice meeting you. as far as board recommendations, well, everyone says metal coiler... never been on one, but it's on my list. if it can carve ice and plow throw slush, i'm all for it.

Edit: I took pictures of that Madd, and sent John Gilmoure an email... that F***ing board. It's one thing when i break a board because i'm being stupid, it's another thing to buy a piece of S*** board. New rule for me - "Only buy used from locals..."

Ciao Beppe, grazie per la spiegazione, ci sono troppe tavole in giro con nomi molto simili, per forza che mi confondo, e` stato un piacere conoscerti in persona finalmente, sono sicuro che ci rivedremo spesso in montagna, grazie mille per la tavola di Julian, a giudicare dalla reazione non se l'aspettava e gli piace molto, vedremo cosa fara` quando inizia a usarla

arrivederci

Andrea