Note to New Members ×

Whistler

Ondrej

Hello,

I'm Ondrej from Czech Republic and I'm currently staying for the season in Whistler. I really love raceboards and this is an amazing place to carve. I have every week three days off and I love spending them on the slopes. It's just really a shame that I always meet like one raceboarder a week... So I'd definitely greet some company. If you live near or have your way to Whistler and wanna have some fun with super turns, this is the place to tell the others.

It looks like I'm gonna ride every Tue, Wed and Thu... See you guys on the slopes!

Ondrej :biggthump

Hello,

It looks like I'm gonna ride every Tue, Wed and Thu... See you guys on the slopes!

Ondrej :biggthump

Check/send email to Tenorman, Dave*, BlueB & mr_Roboteye they were planning for Whistler this Friday... I guess you have to take a day off.

Check Cypress Diaries:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23110

Cheers

Roy

Ondrej,

Hey buddy, welcome to the group.

Ondrej and I rode up the lift at Whistler last week, and I pointed him in our direction. He's got the carving stoke that we all thrive on.

Glad that my instructions on how to find us went well and hopefully you can hook up with some other riders soon.

Take care,

Gord

Hey Gord, nice to hear from you, I remember you too of course, thanks for the advice, I didn't expect so quick replies but at least I can see that this community works really well :) We got for last two days about 50 cm of fresh snow, so it finally looks like winter here :) There should be Kokanee Valley Race Series this Thursday with GS for snowboarders so I'd really like to attend :)

I also wanna thank to Roy for that info, I'll definitely e-mail those guys. I'm just a bit afraid that I can't take a day off because we don't have many hours this quiet season and I really appreciate that I'm on the schedule unlike some other guys...

Cheers

Ondrej

Where do you work?

I lived in Whistler for six years (98-04). If you need someone to talk to locally, I think Scott Gillis still works at fanatykco, and as you mentioned about the KVRS, all the carvers show up for that. There is also a guy that works at (or used to work at ?) Blackcomb base rentals and tuning (downstairs) named Derek Rhodes who is an awesome, awesome hardbooter. If I come up soon, I will e-mail you to let you know.

later,

Dave R.

Hi, remember me? Only alpine at Whistler?

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24406

You will see ur13 (Jim)

If for whatever reason we miss each other if you see a guy in all black (or a yellow soft shell if it's warmer), yellow HEAD boots and either a MADD 158 or red Donek that's me.

From Left: BlueB (Boris), mr_roboteye (Dave R), Dave* (Dave S), tenorman (Doug)

post-6136-141842276115_thumb.jpg

I got a chance to ride with Darren Chalmers on Saturday morning. He and Chris tend to go out for a few turns every few weeks...

There are carvers around who want to ride together, check in with the guys mentioned above, also check in with the Prior guys...you never know.

-Gord

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out. I'm working for WB as a parking guy. See you there :biggthump

Ondrej

hi ONDREJ

BLUEB is organizing a get together but we have to wait for CARVINGSCOOBY and RUWI to recover from their respective surgeries (hopefully soon.) at least one of us will be sure to email you the next time we can all get together on the same day.

i am also a big fan of the DAVE MURRAY run that you mentioned in the "UR13" thread. actually i like any run in the orange chair (or what used to be called the orange chair) area as i find that they do the most (and best) grooming on that part of the mountain.

Sorry that I am writing so late but tomorrow (Tuesday) I should be on the hill with Nigelc, hope we will have a good time, snow was slushy today but it has been freezing since sunset so we could have nice hardpack...

If anybody wants to join us, my phone number is whistler-902-7849...

I will also ride on Wednesday and Thursday (Kokanee Valley Race Series hopefully) ...

Good night, Ondrej

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Ondrej, how's the snow lately? How far up the mountain has it meltfrozen? Icy patches, no grip?

Just looked at the weather report, thinking of coming up this week.

later,

Dave R.

Hi Dave,

I didn't ride last three days, was just way too ugly weather, so I checked that today from like 10am to 2pm and I was really suprised. It was earlier pretty nice hardpack, although I have no idea where it came from because the temperature for last three days didn't go under zero including nights at all... Today was really warm :flamethro - 6 degrees at Roundhouse, 3 on top, 15 in the village, at 2pm was just 5-10 spring snow layer everywhere, freezing level 2600m... But it should get much colder again starting tonight so I hope that it freezes a bit and at least mornings 'till lunchtime should be fine then, we might also get some snow on the top, not much though... Nobody's on the hill, so you can really enjoy yourself everywhere. I finished my winter job last week and was supposed to start another one next monday but there's not enough work yet so I will ride probably every day for another week at least... Give me a yell if you come.

Cheers, Ondrej :cool:

Hey, Ondrej,

I'll be at the retest, but Roy can rip around with you at Blackcomb. I'm meeting the CASI guys at 8:30 at Merllins. Do you want to meet there, or you'll catch up at the hill? Maybe you can bring my "new" Chock board with, for Scooby to ride, so he has to drag only his AM as a spare/afternoon board? Ok with you Roy?

Boris

Hey, Ondrej,

I'll be at the retest, but Roy can rip around with you at Blackcomb. I'm meeting the CASI guys at 8:30 at Merllins. Do you want to meet there, or you'll catch up at the hill? Maybe you can bring my "new" Chock board with, for Scooby to ride, so he has to drag only his AM as a spare/afternoon board? Ok with you Roy?

Boris

Fine with me.

Hey Ondrej, never on Blackcomb, I hope you don't mind me "tailing" behind you for a view laps...I'll take a couple feet xtra behind you ;)

Cheers

Roy

Hey,

Blackcomb has several really good slopes for riding but I just went up with my czech friend for sightseeing today and about 10:45 it was still pure (sounded like sand paper) ice everywhere, it turned to be a bit better by 11:30, pretty good by 12:00, I guess it is gonna be the same tomorrow, I'll be there in the morning anyway though. Prepare for carving on white asphalt :-)

Cheers, Ondrej

Ondrej was drag out his bed to early, sorry bud. No one knows gate was open @ 10AM. BlueB split up for his test.

Survace was hardpack as was reported the day before, some run GROOMED ICE!!:freak3: And this Czec chap show's his ability to carve no skid on his 2010 Metal WCR-173, cool pixs tail behind n saw his turn on ice. At 12.30 after the brake condition turn to carv heaven all the way to 3.30PM.

Thanks for Ondrej being a patient guide shows all the carve dream runs called "7 HEAVEN". Change my opinion since for this mountain, for sure will go back and play...way better run thn Whistler (my 2 cents ;)

Still have time to stop by @ PRIOR shop to see...bad idea:rolleyes:, met CP & Dean. After convincing suggestion from BlueB against the 4WD, brought a 2010 METAL WCR-173 WIDE as a souvenir:ices_ange.

Cheers

Roy