Note to New Members ×

Anyone else suffering from post-SES depression?

SWriverstone

Don't know about anyone else...but I've been suffering from a serious case of post-SES depression. :(

All week this week, it's been sheer hell getting out of bed and going to work. I feel like lead weights are attached to my limbs when I drag my ass into the shower...and I'm generally just feeling droopy, dreary, and draggy.

It sucks. :(

Some of it is our awful winter weather in Maryland and eastern West Virginia—typically 35 degrees and raining. :( (There's no such thing as worse weather than that—no snow, no sunshine...just cold, gray gloom all the time.)

I'm gonna try to carve this weekend...which will definitely help...but of course it'll be on our dinky local slopes that have suffered multiple 60-degree days lately (and the green grass is slowly but steadily encroaching from the sides of the runs...)

Bummer. :(

Scott

The word 'depression' may be a little harsh for me, but I'm definitely bummed that I'm back to the little local hills with no one to ride with. I'm still going to make the 2.5-hour trek to that jewel on the prairies this weekend though!

It'll still be fun, but not as much so. I do go from being just another anonymous carver to "what the heck is that, did you see that guy on the skiboard?!?" That's a mixed blessing though as I'm definitely a target for the straightliners.

I live at a world class resort and I'm sad that I'm not still in Aspen, but its more just because I wish we could all be together and ride every day of every season. At least we have the Lovey session coming up soon, so that'll help. I just hate going back to riding with SKIIERS!!

I will say, it is nice to sleep in my own bed and get more than 5 hours of sleep :freak3: