Note to New Members ×

first alpine board

arbor

I am looking to get into hard booting and need some information to help me decide what gear is right. I currently ride soft boots on and arbor element 161, salomon maori boots, and k2 v8 bindings. I am 6 feet tall, 165 lbs size 11 feet. I would like some advice of what board would be right for me. I was thinking along the lines of a freecarver of some sort. also something that will not completely drain the bank.

Hey Arbor,

Welcome to BOL!

I have a buddies set up for sale, it's a Airwalk 167cm w/bindings. I bought it earlier this year for him right hear on BOL. He is 6'5" 210lbs he rode it a few times and graduated up to a 182cm Axxess. Since you are on the lighter side, I think this set up would last you for a while. It is the board on the left in the photos.

Let me know if you have any interest? See BlueB's post on garage sale in the for sale section a few pages back and the are some good photos of the board. It was $160 for both + shipping.

Thanks, Fanmam

Pow.bmp

pow4.bmp

I'm selling a Sims Burner 162 with TD2 SI (yellow rings, 3 degree) bindings

I have not taken pictures yet but will soon and post them.

I bought the board new and since I only carve in the evening I have not used it too much.

I'm 162 pounds and the board is quite fun to ride.

I'm selling it because I received an unexpected gift (Nidecker) and so I'm not using often.

Email me if interested.

Can you carve your Arbor with softies already?

Here's a cheap route: get some cheap softer plate bindings and boots, throw that onto Arbor and practice a bit - see if you liked it. Arbors are quality boards and can handle the plates ok. Later when you get better, you'll buy skinnier board and better bindings (TD2/3) as a pure carver, and Arbor will serve as your all-mountain rig.

Fanman's (mine) Airwalk is a good choice too.

I might have something too - you can email me through my profile.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you carve your Arbor with softies already?

Here's a cheap route: get some cheap softer plate bindings and boots, throw that onto Arbor and practice a bit - see if you liked it. Arbors are quality boards and can handle the plates ok. Later when you get better, you'll buy skinnier board and better bindings (TD2/3) as a pure carver, and Arbor will serve as your all-mountain rig.

Fanman's (mine) Airwalk is a good choice too.

I might have something too - you can email me through my profile.

I'll say that is an excellent suggestion.

I am looking to get into hard booting and need some information to help me decide what gear is right. I currently ride soft boots on and arbor element 161, salomon maori boots, and k2 v8 bindings. I am 6 feet tall, 165 lbs size 11 feet. I would like some advice of what board would be right for me. I was thinking along the lines of a freecarver of some sort. also something that will not completely drain the bank.

And I can let it go one of my spare "Brand New" boots (MP29 ->size 11). I'm down sizing to MP28 and I'm size 10 sneakers.

I can send pixs if interested. Email: carvingchanel at yahoo dot ca

Let me know

Roy

Note: Got the "GO AHEAD" from Fin about the "Brand New" boots:rolleyes:

Don't put hardboots on your Arbor. I saw a brand new 170 with a totally exploded core from TD3s. Enough to make you cry, die cut base graphics sticking out all over the place. The binding area of the board was twice as thick as it should have been.