Note to New Members ×

Whiteface Mt

KMACK

I'm going to Whiteface mid/end of March (won a free trip). Unfortuneately I may only have a 1/2 of a day to ride. I've never been there and dont want to waste time looking for the "best" slope. Any know what lift/trail I should head for in my quest for getting the most out of my short time?

Thanks!

KMACK,

Whiteface is my favorite mountain to ride. It is steep and long. 3200 vertical feet which is the biggest in the east. As you approach the mountain and you drive down the road to get to it you will quickly notice how large it is. It dwarfs most of the New England ski resorts. The mountain is broken up into three sections. Little whiteface is the left most mountain which is accesible by the gondola. There are some good wide open diamond runs down it. Big whiteface which is set back and only accessible by the upper quad chair. Definately go to the top of it and ride down the front face. It's a long sustained steep trail. There is a new section to the right which opened maybe a year ago. I'm not sure about the trails up there but there are only a few. Personally I think 1/2 a day won't cut it. Try to get at least one full day. Good luck and have fun.