Note to New Members ×

BMES 09 Poll

Chubz

What date ccan you make for BMES 2009?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What date ccan you make for BMES 2009?

• February 27
    • March 6
    • March 13
    • Anytime

I'm in on the 6th and cant make to the 13th until after 12.

If its any encouragement, I do a little photo shoot for a handful of runs on the 6th, as long as the sun is out AND send you guys the pics for free, unlike some other phtogs on BOL.

13th is getting a little too close to melty melty conditions.

In my mind it has already been determined for me and then I will try to show on other dates.

My scheudle is more fleible than most so I can do that, but I would put in for the 6th. Next weeks forecast is sunny monday thru friday and overnight temps at upper 20's to low 30's and then to mid fourties during the day. Hopefully those night temps will be enough to refreeze it and provide gooc sitff groom at least in the morning.

I will be ther the 6th. Come one come all.

If so, To those who do not have season passes ( DjulezD, jtslalom, Hotbeans, cafercr35, glenn, Bobby Buggs, pchang, voysey, Eman2, b_w, and Anyone Else Interested ? ) we aquired some $10 Off Discount Tickets :) if you are interested. I know it's not a lot, but a nice gesture from them, especially considering the 'damage' most are hoping to do !! :D

Keeping up???? I think its going to a personal choice. I'm not one to wait up excessively for ppl b/c Blue when its good...........chair, top, bottom repeat. Well now that i think of it thats every day we ride. no pee breaks, no snacks, no drinks, etc. And the pack of riders stopping mid run to watch each other is a huge consumption of good riding time. You are certainly welcome to tag along but we try not to lollygag.

I would offer some time towards a pointers session, maybe from 9:30-10:30. I think JBS would offer his time too. He is a bit stuffy but he may help;)

First chair on weekedays is 8:30. That would give time to warm up chew up some of the fresh groom, then a pointers session for an hour, just in time for the sun to be lighting up Razor and rip the sch!t out of it.

I hope a nice pack shows up this should be fun.

Some suggestions if you are coming.

Park at valley lodge (it is not accessed thru the main entrance at top of the mtn) drive to valley floor and enter thru yellow gate. this avoid mtn top crowds.

Get there early (8am to get dressed and tix)to get fistful of runs b4 crowds flock. There is a little side locker room inside to change and nice benches in the bathroom.

Eat b4 you get there, bring snacks b/c lodge food is pricy. Lot is close enough to go eat at your car.

Hydrate the night b4 so you dont have to drink and take pee brakes even though cafer has no trouble dropping trow mid run in the pines.:biggthump

Bring a friend

If it holds up plan to stay into the afternoon b/c when blue is good, its a delight.

If folks are interested, I will bring other boards to try but I wont be coming back to the car to manage the change out (drivers license and you break you bought policy) I only have POGO Blitz, Riot Velocity and OPSIN 3800 to try.

Wear your best garb b/c I may pull off from tiem to time to snap some shots.

In regard to personal safety, Blue has its pockets of straightliners and just dumbfounded ppl. Pick your carve pocket, dont drop in in front of anyone, keeping your head on a swivel and check back up hill periodically (especially on RAzor), JBs and I have been plowed more than once on it.

Just a wink wink;);), if you have a season pass somewhere else that is a white card with your photo, bring it and just let it dangle in VIP line, but make sure your ticket is attached somewhere that you can tuck it in your pocket. Having both dangling may create some suspicion. Season pass holders can use the VIP line, which minimizes standing around in the crowds. I can bring some of my old passes (5-6) but they are a sentimental collection so if you borrow one, please give it back b4 you leave.

DO NOT use it to try and get through the entrance gate, use your ticket. Its rare they check the card at the line but sometimes if its super crowded.

Runs you may consider:

Advanced: RAZOR (Best run), Challenge (similar to Razor but tight, it sometimes messes with your head, maybe its all the trees right off the trail)

Intermediate: Dreamweaver, Raceway, Paradise (slow ski trail but has nice pitch for green slope), Switchback (keep your sped in check b/c it serpents down thru the woods)

Beginner: Lazy Mile, Paradise

See JP1 (John Philkill) about the discount voucher, John can you score any more?

I would have reserved a slope for us, but I didnt have and extra $1000 for the 3 hours.

Hope to see a good turnout. Call in sick:barf:

Not to rain (literally) on the parade but it is supposed to be freezing rain on the 6th. I may be there but not in the mood or health to get soaked.

DUDE!! Easy n the negativity:AR15firin

Anytime a bunch of carvers get together the sky opens and a beautiful day shines through :biggthump

Just double checking to make sure there are going to be carvers willing to play tomorrow? I have the option to bag the 6th and do the 13th instead, but I can not do both.

Yes it is suppose to get up to 50 tomorrow, but there is only a very slight chance (less than 20%) for the wet stuff. One thing good thing about the warm weather is that the hill will be empty.

So whose is going to play?

Jesse

I will get there early too about 8. Today was the best snow of the season too bad they butchered Razor so bad that the top was unridable. So bad, that no one, and I mean no one was one it except those who hadnt been down it , but they didnt go back and I called customer service to let them know that having it that way may lead to unwanted accidents. hopefully they spend some time on it tonight.;) Challenge, swithcback and Dreamweaver were just unreal and its FAST!!!

It is suppose to rain all next week so tommorrow is a go. Get down to 32 tonight, maybe firm it up and should be good. It was still holding up very well until 2pm otday with direct sun on it. Bring your trail mix and some h2o becuase no lunch breaks . Mind you, the ticket office at the valley was closed today, not sure if the valley automated machines are working. I will get there earlier to hand out discounts, but not going to mtn top lodge. See you folks there.