Note to New Members ×

Nastar Championships Whos going

biggerwrangler

Awsome if you make plan on making the final finals you may choose to bring some arm guards as the race of champions will be skier gates. also if you are good enough " not saying I am" but some leg guards may be adviseable the final run is a black, fun as heck, lower bashor will be a wax fest, but does run snowboard gates.

Current condititons are last 3 weeks have been light to no snow. march is considered our " snowiest" month, we will see what happens will keep ou advised as to current crazy colorado condititions, as always bring sunscreen.

current racers total is 19 looks like I am alone in my field and scott maynard is the racer to beat. Currently the 3rd year fastest racer.:AR15firin

saucer wax is a local sponser out of boulder, if you get the chance ask for the white noise race wax. it is very Nice. white noise is only available in person, unless you pm then I can give you a contact of the owner which you may plead and beg with.

• 3 weeks later...

looks to be a warm race in the 40s no snow expected.. plan for ice/slush

see you there and good luck

1st place a watch " guess we going old skool" who wears a watch?

2nd place goode poles " nice poles that sell for 40$ on ebay

3rd place goggles this are nice last years were not helmet comp, 120$

Race is on, bring your A game, or you B on the sled.:AR15firin

My board and skis were shipped on Monday. The turnout in snowboarding is a little higher than shown online. Dual entrants like myself are only listed once. I'm listed under Men's 60-64 Platinum along with sixteen others - one of the largest divisions competing this year. There are three in my age group in boarding.

I checked weather.com and the long range forecast does call for some snow showers.

See you out there!

Nidecker GS 170, will be interesting riding. Also have new Head Status Pro boots. It's an entire new set up for me. This is my first year on a carving board and my second year on a snowboard. I don't ride the board quite right yet so it's all a learning process.

Weather is going to be ideal!

See you there.

Bruce

Greetings from beautiful Steamboat! The NASTAR Nationals wrapped up today and it was a terrific event. I got the opportunity to meet a few fellow BOLers.

I maintained an online diary during the event and you're welcome to view it. It might just encourage you to join us next year.

Yes, we noticed that when you were getting your gold. I've got a few good podium shots of you, I'll send them when I get back home this evening or tomorrow.

Bruce

That would be great! email address

That was fun, feel better pat, and I wonder where it will be next year.

Speculation is centering on Deer Valley (a terrible choice for obvious reasons), Whistler (tough to get to), Snowmass, Copper, and Winter Park (seems to have the inside track at this point). Don't discount the possibility of it going back to Steamboat for a fifth consecutive year.

Thanks Bruce!

I'm posting one of the photos you took here. Hall of Fame member Doug Lewis helped me up on the podium but wasn't in the photo. Starting at the left are former US Olympians AJ Kitt, Heidi Voelker, and Dian Roffe. Joining me on podium in third place is Steve Harhai from Colorado. The second place finisher, Jim Twark, also from Colorado missed the award ceremonies. At the right of the photo is long time US Team coach Phil McNichol. Also in attendance but not on stage was Daron Rahlves who will be returning to the Olympics but this time in Skiercross.

2v2ts0n.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks after the event, I ran across a shot someone got of me. Technique needs some work but all in good time. I'm only 62.

4ktuf8.jpg

My foot is in a second cast and I hope to get a walking cast in ten days. At least surgery seems unlikely at this point. :D