Note to New Members ×

Intec/ Fintec receivers for Burton/ Ibex?

rjnakata

I think I must me missing something... this looks to me like its just a heel receiver - with a starting bid of $150... wtf?

E: on description it says $65/pair for burton or $40 per pair for catek, but whats the $150 about then?

+1 on the wtf???

That is without a doubt one of the most confusing ebay listings I have ever seen.

:eek:

Pic of two different bindings, different prices. and don't forget for your two heels - it's gonna cost $25 shipping.

It looks like someone thought it might be cool to make an Intec heel receiver to go on Burtons and Cateks (isn't one already available for the Catek?).

It sounds like it might be a good idea, I'd have to see it.

I don't like the rubber pad under the receiver, it sounds like a recipe for loosening screws, or fatigue failure.

I sure can't explain the price though :confused:

I emailed the guy about his auction and here is what he had to say. The high starting bid is so that no one actually bids on the item. The prices he lists in the description are the prices you pay for the heel receivers. He's basically using ebay as an ad to get business. The receivers fit both Burton and Catek bindings and yes, Catek already has a heel receiver but his point is that his are stainless steel and are wider at the top to allow easier entry.

I'm not defending this guy-I don't even know him- just reiterating what he wrote me.

I emailed the guy about his auction and here is what he had to say. The high starting bid is so that no one actually bids on the item. The prices he lists in the description are the prices you pay for the heel receivers. He's basically using ebay as an ad to get business. The receivers fit both Burton and Catek bindings and yes, Catek already has a heel receiver but his point is that his are stainless steel and are wider at the top to allow easier entry.

I'm not defending this guy-I don't even know him- just reiterating what he wrote me.

He better enjoy it while it lasts, ebay will not be down with that. I don't understand why he doesn't just sell them on ebay, it's not that difficult.

later,

Dave R.

Well, this is better than the stock catek ones, I have so much play in mine, and 75% of the time I have to stop to get in them, because as I'm gaining speed coming off the lift, the faster I start to go, the harder it is to find the rear receiver!

As for the burton/ibex, Ive been riding them a lot more compared to other bindings, but I get pretty tired of not being able to step in. Guess im spoiled by the intec system.

Didnt alot of pro's used to ride the burton Physics? I bet they would have been on intecs if burton didnt develop their own system.

Since Intec is the main step in system available now, isn't this the perfect blend? It will stiffen up the Burtons a tiny bit obviously, which is good since they are a bit softer than id like.

Nice to be able to use the same peice on both burton and catek.