Note to New Members ×

Swoard

WASMAN

I'll take the bait.

For EC they're hard to beat, on the other hand that's what they are designed for. Works well even on Ontario ice where we live. Easy riding. The latest generation are well built by Nidecker. If you are around my size, you can try my 161M (noticed you are not too far away).

Compared to Bruce's AM/schubbs 21cm waist I got to ride Bruce's are more damp and stable at high speed.

Depends what you are looking for.

If you can afford it, have both! Love them both

I will second what DrZone said.

If *one* of your requirements is to be able to make pure linked EC turns on the steeps like the Swiss duo do, the Swoard is an uncompromised tool that has been developed and tested by the two best EC carvers. I also think the Swoard is also an easy board to ride thanks to its soft flex and the (now main stream) wider width.

Two years ago, I demoed a Prior World Cup and thought it was a fantastic board. Great edge hold, very lively edge-to-edge and the ride at high speed was easy and fun. Linked EC turns were also do-able but not ideal.

For example on the blue runs, the edge hold between Swoard vs. Prior is similar. The Swoard gives you a more relaxed surfing style because it has lower binding angles. The Prior World Cup provides a more exciting/lively feel thanks to its narrower width.

The Swoard is well worth it but it depends on your riding style and requirements.

Hope this helps.

Peter