Note to New Members ×

Nidecker GS or F2 Silberfiel

AaronG

Anyone have one of these boards that they are looking to part with? The length I am interested in is a 177 in the Nidecker and a 172 in the F2. Let me know what you have and a price you are looking to fetch.

AA - have you ridden a Silberpfeil before? If so, disregard my comment. I have a 172 and found it to be too soft.

D.T., no I haven't riden one yet but I have always been intrigued by that particular board. A few other SoCal carvers have them but they are considerable lighter than my 190 lbs. None of them have mentioned the softer flex comment. Guess I need to think this one through a bit more.

How much do you weigh Dustin to determine it was too soft?

And make a run to Bola's to demo some of this stuff. Its the only way you will know for certain before you drop any coin!:eplus2:

mario

OVR,

LCI and All Boards Sports will be presenting the Loveland Carve Session Part Deux on March 8th. Last year we had a lot of boards to test and the BBQ of Big Mario. Same this season so try to make it out. If not for LCSPD then some other time this season.

Ink

D.T., no I haven't riden one yet but I have always been intrigued by that particular board. A few other SoCal carvers have them but they are considerable lighter than my 190 lbs. None of them have mentioned the softer flex comment. Guess I need to think this one through a bit more.

How much do you weigh Dustin to determine it was too soft?

I weigh 210#. At your weight and considering how much as you cycle, I believe it's very likely that you could/would overpower the board. If you are looking for a mellow cruiser, then it would work great. It took Bola slapping me upside the head to realize I was outriding the board.

An FCI/FCII have similar specs and would be a better option (speaking from my and Mario's experience).

thinking about it a little more...

Mario cranked turns for years on his 179FCII, Inkaholic now has the board. (this is the one you rode)

I was was able to crank turns on my 179FCI, only issues I had were on bulletproof ice.

The Donek FC 179's have a 11.2m SCR which is comparable to the Silberpfeil. The FCI has a slightly narrower waist width, the FCII is slightly wider which may work better for your big feet.

If you haven't already ridden one, get on a Donek FC!!! :ices_ange

Hey LCI crew, what does that stand for anyway? Lovey Carvers Initiative??? Thanks for the input on the F2, maybe I will skip over it then. I remember having a good time on Mario's FC, I was thinking that was a 171. I am heading up to my local hill tomorrow and a buddy is bringing his FC up with him for me to ride.

As for the BBQ, that sounds mighty tempting.

I mentioned the BBQ to my sister and she said that she would like to stop by and say hello but she was concerned since she wasn't a "carver". I told my sis that it didn't matter, it was a get together with a bunch of good natured people. I also told her don't mention OVR as she would be tossed out of there quickly!!;);)

I will see what I can do but at this time I am planning on going to WTC and that is at the end of Feb/beginning of March. Your BBQ will be the following weekend, I will see what I can do being that I stood you guys up at Christmas time!!

Hey Aaron,

I'm about your same size and i have a Silberpfeil 172. It is not as damp as a FCI or II, but definitely fun. My 2006 model has pop. I took it out today and had a blast. It is carvy at slower speeds due to the tighter SCR. It rides well at higher speeds if you straighten the turns out a bit. I usually ride this board when I'm with the kids or when the slopes are crowded. It is quite a handsome board as well. I always get remarks from others in the lift line. Mine is not for sale;-)

sj