Note to New Members ×

Roarockit Board Builders

boarderboy

My technique may improve, but right now I'm getting 2-3 evacuations per strip.

The stuff isn't exactly inexpensive, and shipping such a small amount from Canada to U.S. isn't efficient or green.

The Rockit people surely aren't manufacturing the adhesive, which leads me to believe you could find it, or something very similar, in larger quantity locally.

I'm starting to use the TAP system fairly frequently, so I may invest in one of the wood clamps that's manufactured for this purpose.

Also trying to modify a bicycle pump to vacuum mode so I can use it with the VacuVin "check valve". Might have to use the Vin pump for the least few strokes, but this should reduce pump time.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

BB

• 3 weeks later...
My technique may improve, but right now I'm getting 2-3 evacuations per strip.

The stuff isn't exactly inexpensive, and shipping such a small amount from Canada to U.S. isn't efficient or green.

The Rockit people surely aren't manufacturing the adhesive, which leads me to believe you could find it, or something very similar, in larger quantity locally.

I'm starting to use the TAP system fairly frequently, so I may invest in one of the wood clamps that's manufactured for this purpose.

Also trying to modify a bicycle pump to vacuum mode so I can use it with the VacuVin "check valve". Might have to use the Vin pump for the least few strokes, but this should reduce pump time.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

BB

I know for skis people use a pump from a fridge.

save you some arm work!

:smashfrea

Are you re-covering it with the paper when you insert your wood/mold?

But I tried that today and am sure I'll get less gunk in the tape. Thanks for the common-sense splash of cold water in the face!

BobDea, I hope to get into vacuum bagging with an electric pump soon. Trying to learn with the RoarocKit, though, and it sure is fun (and cheap!)

Just bought a second TAP Kit off FleaBay for $2.35 (!) plus shipping from Canada. Couldn't believe I was the only bidder.

One more ply to go on my 8-layer longboard.

cheers!