Note to New Members ×

Jackson area Feb. 16th thru 27th

martyagt4

• 2 weeks later...

Although Jackson Hole is awesome, it was nice to get some variety-We stayed at SnowKing and vever rode it(tough to do when you have the Hole and Targhee to go to). I really liked the terrain at Targhee. I was skiin' and grabbing stashes of powder when ever I could. However, there were some big, wide-open groomers that were great and would have been great on the boards. Just watching CasperCarvers videos made me remember how sweet(and challenging) the terrain can be. Super rewarding. Just didn't enjoy the drive to the Ghee in snowstorm.

We never been to Targhee, and our hosts are skiers there, so we'll hit that for sure at some point.

Made it to Jackson Hole last year, week before Christmas. It pretty much snowed the whole week, so I rode my Tanker the whole time. Hope to be able to carve it some this year.

this has been my experience. Targhee has that friendly small town feeling. yes, they do get a lot of snow but on the really big pow days you better have a lot of speed or you aint makin it back to the lift. on carving days my expierence has been they just don't do a good job grooming and i am not driving an hour for that. Snow King last year was incredible, they had new grooming machines and drivers who new how to groom. this year, in one word, horrible. due to cut-backs they are not grooming "cougar" on a regular basis, which is the best carving run on the mountain. the village has finally got some good groomers and has been epic all winter. :biggthump

• 2 weeks later...
The girlfriend and I are spending 2 weeks in Wilson. Will probably ride between Jackson Hole and Targhee. Anyone planning on being able to ride? Or will you be too tired/broke from SES?

I'll be out there from 2/21-2/28. If it's a groomer day, I'll be lapping AV & Casper on a blue/black tribal Coiler & Track 700s.

Caspercarver--The past several years I've seen you a bunch of times from the lift...you rip!! :biggthump

The Ghee has been good powder wise, but yeah, Grand Foggy is living up to it's name. We're taking tomorrow off, legs are like rubber! If Friday is a good groomer day, then we'll most likely hit the village.

Ran into, not literally, a hardbooter at the ghee yesterday. Only exchanged hellos. Think his name was Brian.