Note to New Members ×

GS practice at Buck Hill - Sat Jan 24th @ noon.

Scuff

The G-Team is planning to hold an alpine practice Sat, Jan 24th at Buck Hill.

We will most likely be setting a Giant Slalom course on Milkrun (the NASTAR Hill) from 12 noon to 3pm.

Those who would like to try alpine snowboard racing are welcome to

join us - please see me at the top before running the course.

~Karl

We had a small but eager crew on Saturday. Thanks Scuff for setting a couple of fun courses. Thanks to all the other Buck riders that jumped in the gates a few times. Dave - please make sure Tammy (sp?) is aware of how much we appreciate the lane space.

It was great seeing everyone Saturday......especially Jessica!

http://gallery.me.com/thehannafamily#101039

Thanks Scuff for setting a couple of fun courses. Thanks to all the other Buck riders that jumped in the gates a few times. Dave - please make sure Tammy (sp?) is aware of how much we appreciate the lane space.

And thanks Karl and all the G-Team for being patient with those of us who occasionally get confused and can't seem to remember you go around the gates and not directly through them. :smashfrea

those of us who occasionally get confused and can't seem to remember you go around the gates and not directly through them. :smashfrea

Ha ha - I'm just glad you're alright. Couldn't tell exactly what happened from the top, but I saw you catch air and then "Super-man" out of sight. :eek:

For just the second time through a course, you were looking pretty darn solid!

Jack: We've been very lucky twice this season to coordinate our team training schedule,

and competition schedule, with lane space availability at Buck.

While I really hope we get the opportunity to set another course at Buck this season,

our Feb weekends are pretty booked with training trips, races, or other conflicting competitions.

Might not get a chance to set at Buck until March - will keep you posted.

Our team usually trains four days a week at Hyland Hills. If you don't mind braving the traffic, parking in

Bloomington, and Hyland's $27 evening lift pass, we might be able to schedule a night for you swing by and run some gates with us.

Stay tuned.. We might have something coming up this Saturday over at Hyland.

Hey Jack:

Bummer you can't make it!

This Saturday we're going to have timing set up at Hyland and everything.

I wouldn't say that Hyland necessarily "supports" snowboard racing either,

other then allowing us lane space. Support in the way of organizing and education comes

mostly through the independant "G-Team" organization, and has taken years to grow

the interest to what it is today. (Shawn White vs Tyler Jewell... which rider do you think more kids have heard of?) : )

Have you asked what Afton has in the way of snowboarding? At least let them know you're interested. Many hills usually allow (or at least tolerate:rolleyes: ) boarders who want to ride gates, whether it's a local ski race league or NASTAR.

I met a boarder a few years ago named Justin, who if I remember correctly,

coached both skiing and snowboard racing for Special Olympics out at Afton.

Think he goes by "boarderboy73" here on Bomber. Last we talked I got the

impression there was far more interest in ski racing at Afton than snowboard racing.

He might be a good networking resource to find out more.

• 2 weeks later...