Note to New Members ×

MAC Tracks 09?

wvrocks

Blue Mountain, PA for MAC 09 this year. We can try and see if the mgmt would give us Razor for an hour or so on a weekday. Highest vertical drop in PA and weekdays are scarce of people. I could see if they would give us discounts of any sort. Good lodges at peak and valley floor.

http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/the-mountain/index.aspx

variable terrain for all levels, and HS 6 pack gets you back to the top ASAP. Besides Elk Mtn, I would consider it the best in PA by far.

Let me know and I'll start rattling cages, but Phil probably has more pull than I do.

JBs and I would love to give you guys a tour of this gem.

Greg

Each year JBS and I try to get folks together for BMES, but it's usually little turnout. we dont do any events or anything, just get together and ride for the day.

Its a good mountain, especially on weekdays because the best run, Razor's Edge is usually minimal traffic as most kids are in the park. Top (45*+) and bottom headwalls have nice pitch. They have nice Blue's, some green that could be marked blues, big park that we sometimes slice and dice between hits.

I could check with my dad to see if he has heat in his 3 bed camper for those traveling. I know some of the local hotels offer stay and ski packages. I'd offer to sleep on his floor but his place burnt down 2 weeks ago and its a bit drafty.

I think we could really get something going here lets keep the conversation up. I will see if I can get some on mountain photos this weekend.

PS when I say lodges in my first post, they are NOT overnight stay lodges, just amenities.

Mac Trac are always organized by Phil so I will defer to him one that. Even if he still wants to have it somewhere else, JBS and I try to get folks together on a chosen weekday (usually Friday) and just ride for the day for BMES.

since we dont have any special events at BMES, we can just pick a date and hope for good cold sunny weather and avoid any holidays. we made that mistake one year and it was crowded.

We can soot for late Feb to better our chances for crisp cold air.

Lets keep kicking around dates.