Note to New Members ×

Zardoz Not Wax

Guest jeffnstefanie

Well, it makes the board go a little faster on cold snow and like a hundred bajillion times faster on really wet, sticky slush. Seriously, on those days when you can feel the nasty wet suction on the bottom of your board and you're slowing down even on the downhills, Zardoz does wonders. Unfortunately, though it may last a day or so on cold snow, it only lasts about a run and a half on wet snow.

My opinion: not enough effect on cold snow, and doesn't last long enough on warm snow.

I wouldn't bother with in cold conditions, but it definitely makes a difference in warm wet snow.

Another use I read about in the Tognar catalog is to coat your edges after riding to prevent rust spots. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like a good idea. They even double-branded it as NotRust on the catalog heading.

When I first read about Zardoz, they said it doesn't stick to anything, which is why it's great on wet snow, but it can hang out in the nooks and crannies that make up the grain of a sintered base. According to the package instructions, it lasts days, but I'd concur with the others that say it lasts about a half day on wet snow.

This warm beautiful weather in PA is bringing me down!

Think snow,

Mike