Note to New Members ×

reverse camber test

Donek

The only time I've actually been to Buttermilk was at a FIS race in '01 I think all I remember is that it was sooooooo flat.

Butter milk has to be the most boring stop of SES. I spend the entire time there dissapointed and bored. If your a carver that thinks buttermilk is the action then you are a carver who goes slow and probably never comes close to working any board any where near its true flex and proformance.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Butter milk has to be the most boring stop of SES. I spend the entire time there dissapointed and bored. If your a carver that thinks buttermilk is the action then you are a carver who goes slow and probably never comes close to working any board any where near its true flex and proformance.

Billy, I would bet that this describes 80% of hardbooters. How many recreational riders do you really see on the hill that are getting the most out of their equipment? The great thing is that they are most likely still having fun.

If your a carver that thinks buttermilk is the action then you are a carver who goes slow and probably never comes close to working any board any where near its true flex and proformance.

Who gives a flying f@#$? It's not about working the equipment to its limit, it's about working the rider to his/her limit.

Not trying to start a arguement. But how do you reveiw a product on flat terrain. Or make a prodect that is for such terrain? What about the 20% of riders (on Phils info)who ride hard and fast on pitch. If a board can hold up to that then it could hold up to anything less aggressive. If most riders think buttermilk is the action then all anyone would ever need is a Pure Carve.

Dave, I give a flying FU&*&*^k, as always its about progression for me I read post about, (why we ride blacks), or (whats the steepest pitch) and hope that prodect will delever for thoose riders. If buttermilks is a riders favorite stop at SES, by all mean I hope they are having a blast, when have you ever heard differently from me about anyones personal fun factor.

But I think it not relistic to work high end gear there. Thats what I am into. And thats where rocker would matter

I'm not a Buttermilk fan. too flat. Give me Aztec on Ajax every day. But it is true that it is popular for carving.

I just made this statement.

But with a gear comment....Come on boys why is it when ever I post some how other peoples fun factor comes up?

I can't help it others don't want what I want. but i can try......

But I think it not relistic to work high end gear there. Thats what I am into. And thats where rocker would matter

Then your original post should have read "Butter milk has to be the most boring stop of SES. I spend the entire time there dissapointed and bored." End of story.

Instead you continued with "If your a carver that thinks buttermilk is the action then you are a carver who goes slow and probably never comes close to working any board any where near its true flex and proformance." Totally superfluous to the thread and on the surface (if a person didn't know you) it appears to be an attack on riders' skill sets.

Not trying to start a arguement. But how do you reveiw a product on flat terrain.

I agree. However on that note, when I was at SES 05, I demo'd several boards. Coiler, F2, your Fawcett Burton, Prior, Madd... I stepped off each of them and said yup, it works! And that's all. Aside from the obvious stuff like waist width and sidecut radius, I found it very hard to tell if any of them were any better than anything else on the hero snow. Ironically the only one that turned me right off was the 174 4WD. Too short sidecut.

Then your original post should have read "Butter milk has to be the most boring stop of SES. I spend the entire time there dissapointed and bored." End of story.

Instead you continued with "If your a carver that thinks buttermilk is the action then you are a carver who goes slow and probably never comes close to working any board any where near its true flex and proformance." Totally superfluous to the thread and on the surface (if a person didn't know you) it appears to be an attack on riders' skill sets.

No Dave thats how you read it.... End of story If you really want to tell me how my post should read,(since you just did) your the one passing judgement on it. And I don't name any rider just if you are a rider....

If you ride Butter milk then you ride slow since its flat? Flat Hill mean slow riding, not my rules, just physics. Again if you ride slow then how do you make enough force to really test gear to the gears full ability? These are both true staments?

I don't know why I even try anymore...........:freak3::smashfrea

On this I agree with Bordy. With the expeption offar left runs on slow Tiehack lift the rest of Buttermilk is boring. Also board should be tested in various harsh conditions. I know after one or two runs if the board is suitable for me or not. And then I can take it for real test ride. EC board on steep narrow slope full of moguls? Why not, one day you will get stuck on it anyway and then what

• 9 months later...

I think if you generalize the issue, you miss the point entirely. I can still remember the two 200 Tankers from Sandy's visit. Board two, with a stiffer flex and less rocker, rode hardpack well, carved turns nicely, and would pop to the top of pow nicely. Board one, same shape/profile, was softer flexing with more rocker. Went to the top in pow faster, was not as nice on edge, and was so squirelly on the base it was a struggle to ride, kinda like a 200 skateboard. Rocker is just one part of the design, and has to work in tandem with everything else to create the desired final product.

Pre curved boards should be easier to turn because they're already shaped like one.

Good news for the novice.

I can't even speak to high end alpine boards with this tech, but would think that they'd pivot easier, with the nose and tail up out of the way.

Magne Traction? As a Skunk Ape owner (Magne, but no Banana in the long versions) it carves no differently than other well built FR boards I've owned, but does slarve with more grip. In an FR board, I find slarvability to be more important.

For powder, the local shop guys are saying that a rider should be able to size down for pow with an upturned nose, instead of defaulting to length. I buy this, but only as far as a lower planing speed goes. Landing pow airs on the other hand requires more surface area to keep from sinking too deeply, so I'll always go longer for this app.