Note to New Members ×

New Intuition liners

BadBrad

Intuition has some new liners with a traditional tongue design. Has anyone here tried them?

http://www.intuitionliners.com/products2.htm

I have some ZipFit liners (Grand Prix model) in my Burton Wind boots and they make the boot too stiff for me. I'm thinking that the new Intuition Freeride liner might be a good choice for me. Someone on this forum felt that a traditional tongue liner was better for Burton boots than the wrap-around style.

Check them first. I put Intuition Wrap liners into My Heads and can not ride them. The liner is too stiff. I will have to probably grind off al that plastic, to make them usable. So far it looks I just waste $260. :smashfreaRaichle liners aremuch more comfortable.

The Power Wrap liners are vastly different from the Alpine ones. The Alpine ones have almost no stiffness at all. You can walk around in them out of the boots and barely know you have anything on your feet. I assume the Freeride ones use softer foam again.

No idea on these new ones, but it's great that they have 3 thicknesses!

Check them first. I put Intuition Wrap liners into My Heads and can not ride them. The liner is too stiff. I will have to probably grind off al that plastic, to make them usable. So far it looks I just waste $260. :smashfreaRaichle liners aremuch more comfortable.

Like Cory says... I just put a set of standard intuition wrap liners (alpine model) into a set of HSPs and could not be happier. They are perfect.

These new liners are fantastic. I actually had a bootfiter in Whistler sell me the prototype of this last year. Very stiff and moulds very well.

Warning! These liners heat mould to EXACTLY to the shape you set when moulding! This means if you over tighten your boots when moulding them, ie compressing your foot, they will compress your foot when you use them. I learned the hard way and had to re-mould them. Do NOT overtighten your boots when moulding and use a generous toe cap when moulding.

And, invest in a moulded custom footbed. I never think about my feet anymore.

I'm not sure we're all talking about the same liners. I'm specifically asking about the ones with the tradtional tongue design, not the wrap style. They have the Luxury liner, which is offered in 3 different thicknesses and the Freeride liner, which is offered in only a medium volume fit and has a softer flexing tongue than the Luxury.

post-5572-141842270935_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I bought the Freeride liners pictured above, and I figured I'd provide some feedback here in case anyone was interested. They are a lot stiffer than I expected. I was hoping that they'd have a softer flex than my ZipFit liners, but they do not. I did not mold them because I want to return them, but they don't feel as if they'd be as comfortable as the zipfits even after molding. The lower part of the zipfits feel like a neoprene material, which is comfortable and warm and still provides adequate support, where the Intuitions are a very hard and stiff foam.

A couple of advantages of the Intuition Freerides are that they are easier to get into and out of, and they are also significantly lighter than the zipfits.

If I remove the laces and power strap from the zipfits I think the flex is soft enough to work for me. The Burton Winds might just be too stiff for my liking, but I can't afford new boots this year. Plus, I've ridden in these boots for nearly 10 years now (with the orignal Burton liners until last year) so I think that with the right liners they're fine. The original liners finally packed out and the tongues got uncomfortable, and they were never warm.