1st GUENTHER Doris AUT

2nd TAKEUCHI Tomoka JPN

3rd RIEGLER Claudia AUT

No Canadian women attended this event.

For the Men's PGS

1st GRABNER Siegfried AUT

2nd SCHOCH Simon SUI

3rd ERLACHER Meinhard ITA

Only Matt Morison and Jasey Jay Anderson attended this event for Canada.

5th ANDERSON Jasey Jay CAN

11th MORISON Matthew CAN

Rumor has it that they didn't go because they stayed in Alberta in preparation for world champs in Korea. they didn't go because they wanted a steep hill to train on (Mt. Norquay) and they didn't want to go to Europe and get used to the time zone then go to Korea and have to adjust again.

But like i said thats what i heard

From this LINK:

Globe and Mail Update

January 6, 2009 at 2:21 PM EST

A gamble to win in the quarter-final round fell short as Jasey-Jay Anderson of Mont-Tremblant, Que., finished fifth in the men's parallel giant slalom on Tuesday at a World Cup snowboarding competition held in Kreischberg, Austria.

Matthew Morison of Burketon, Ont., was 11th.

Anderson, 32, who owns five Crystal Globe awards as World Cup snowboard champion, was seventh in the qualifying round then easily won his first playoff round over Yuuki Nufogi of Japan. But Anderson lost his quarter- final duel to Simon Schoch of Switzerland by 0.36 seconds over two runs. Siegfried Grabner of Austria defeated Schoch, a 20-time World Cup medalist, in the final for the gold medal. Meinhard Erlacher of Italy took the bronze.

After the first quarter-final race, Schoch led Anderson by a mere 0.02 seconds.

“I went all out and didn't make many errors,” said Anderson about the run. “It was a solid race, my best of the day.''

The second race also appeared headed for a tight finish.

“It was very similar to the first race but I gambled four gates before the end,” said Anderson. “It didn't work.'

“I rode really well in my two races against Simon. Against another rider I would have advanced.''

Anderson was pleased to avoid the equipment problems which have dogged him all season.

Morison was fifth in qualifying then lost his first playoff round match-up to Tyler Jewell of the United States. Morison won the first race by 0.34 seconds but couldn't capitalize on his lead in the second run.

“I had good rides today,” Morison, 21, said. “But I made some small mistakes. My line wasn't straight enough and I was a little low approaching the gates. I lost valuable time and that gave the American an advantage.''

In women's competition, Doris Guenther of Austria won the gold, Tomoka Takeuchi of Japan the silver and Claudia Riegler of Austria the bronze. There were no Canadian entries.

Anderson and Morison compete Wednesday in the men's parallel slalom.