Note to New Members ×

inaugaration in DC anyone?

FTA2R

Well now, that depends. Are you planning on making your couch available for visiting carvers? :)

Seriously, if you live in DC, you're a lucky man. Take some photos for posterity and post 'em here too.

I'll be there, working. Single friend of mine is vacating his house (45 mins away in MD) and scooping up $8K for 1 week's rental from some Germans that are going to attend. Crazy rental market - something on the order of what Vancouver/Whistler folks will be able to take advantage of during the next winter games.

Man, you couldn't pay me to live in DC. We visited a friend of the family in Mannassas. You could see where they worked from their house, but it still took 2 hours to get there every morning. I prefer my 10 acres on the end of a private road any day.

Dave,

my understanding is that the rental market for Inaug wasn't quite as big as they thought...my brother is in Arlington, a few miles from DC, and for whatever reason, isn't renting his place.

Pebu, don't hate. Manassas doesn't have the greatest rep- for a number of reasons. it's been in the news lately b/c of frequent illegal immigrant crackdowns. I used to work there, right off the main drag...and some parts of it are just not good areas. Granted, there are some monster homes in parts of Prince William county, but Manassas is a 'burb... and it's right off 66, so of course traffic is bad. Only LA has worse traffic, but as a town, it's generally considered a very cool place. Lot of actual Washingtonians just use Metro to get around. Plenty of private roads and tons of land in the immediate and just outside the immediate area.