Note to New Members ×

Snowshoe 1-9/11

Mellow Yellow

im at the shoe now / Leaving Sun eve

Sunny blue bird day-- nice Fresh snow drop yesterday/ looks good /I rode Alping for 1/2 a day today ohooooooooo that feels soooooooooo Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slopes a little crowded/ I expect to see an Awesome groom in the morning!

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow

I will let you know on the 9th

Mellow, after communicating with you here and there over the last couple of years, and seeing your carving on Snowshoe TV, I'd love to see you out on the slopes next weekend. I'll be at Silver Creek with my little boy that weekend. I'll be in all black with a "safety orange" helmet.

Recon, I know we missed each other a few weeks ago when I was going to bring you some equip for to get to K2 to ride. If you're at Silver Creek look for me.

Tick

Since Snowshoe changed their openings from 8:30 to 9:00 a few years ago, I'm always there when the ropes drop. We could pick a place,or hopefully that early in the morning, we could yell at each other going down Cascade or Spur, from the Cascade triple lift. Something tells me that we hardbooters will, as usual, with our "monoskis" stick out like a sore thumb there!

K2, I'll bring the board and bindings and see you over the weekend. Although it sounds like Mellow may have another board offer for you as well. I'll bring what I have and you can take your pick!

Mellow (and others), see you when the ropes drop Saturday morning!

Sorry Mellow, forgot that some folks might not be as familair with the place. I think the Black Run Sugar Shack, at the bottom of the Mountaineer and Cascade lifts would be a great place to meet. It's right on the slopes, and you can spot folks coming down pretty easily. Unless you're on total beginner runs or solely on the two blacks at Silver Creek, you use those lifts.

Anyone out there have better suggestions?

Mellow, I have a place at Silver Creek, so I'm just going to stay put there. I think some others may be staying with you at the campout though. I won't speak for them but I think a lot of the carvers prefer Silver Creek to Snowshoe. The vertical drop is slightly less that the main mountain at Snowshoe (not Western territory), but the runs are wider and the crowds are WAY smaller than Snowshoe. I've never seen a carver at the main mountain, but have run into a few at Silver Creek.

Mellow, I have a place at Silver Creek, so I'm just going to stay put there. I think some others may be staying with you at the campout though. I won't speak for them but I think a lot of the carvers prefer Silver Creek to Snowshoe. The vertical drop is slightly less that the main mountain at Snowshoe (not Western territory), but the runs are wider and the crowds are WAY smaller than Snowshoe. I've never seen a carver at the main mountain, but have run into a few at Silver Creek.

:freak3: My dumbarse doesn't even know the names of the runs and/or lifts, I just likes to ride 'em.

As mellow says between the two, the best carving has always been at Silver Creek due to slope width, grooming and fewer folks littering the trails, shorter lift lines are an added bonus. That said, I like several runs at Snowshoe including the ones you have to hike across the road up top to get to.

Anyway, I can probably on make it for a day trip which means I'd be about an hour late for the rope drop.... (probably Sunday)

Snowshoe's very narrow occasionally off-pitched cross trails burn my legs up more than anything else. Holding a 10 minute heel edge while trying to avoid a pack of people down the Flume just isn't much fun.

As has been said... wider runs, mainly straight downhill pitches, less crowds at Silver Creek. You can "open it up" a lot more without being dangerous at SC.

Saturday weather might be cruddy, sunday looks good though. Leaning more towards being up there, probably won't be up at rope drop but I'll bump into the pack at some point if most of you are riding Cascade lift. I hang out on channel 7-11 if anyone has an FRS radio and wants to catch up.

-Chris

Headed up with my boy in about an hour. Doing some night riding tonight. Have my extra board and bindings packed for K2 as well. There are 2 buildings right by the entrance to the slopes (only one way to the slopes now, they check tickets right there) just beside the parking lot. One is ski school, and maybe the other is the patrol shack(?). There's another patrol shack at the top of Flying Eagle and you have to take a few chairs to get there. We'll make a run by there every other run or so in the a.m. This sounds dirty, but what will you be wearing? Wonder what K2 would think if I put the board along the fence by the entrance to the lodge to the slopes?