Note to New Members ×

Snowshoe 1-9/11

Mellow Yellow

Found Petrol on the slope, did some riding with him on sunday... A little on the cold/firm snow side, but not bad. Both of my legs were hurting all weekend so my riding was not my finest... but I didn't run into anyone, so at least I have that! Hopefully I can get the legs to heal up a bit this week, since I *should* be back up there this weekend!

Anyone else coming up?

Man, what an awesome weekend... Friday night it was cooooooold when we got there. The truck said -10 while we were unpacking!

Saturday I think it was still somewhere around 14 for a high, but the light was decent, slopes basically empty because it was cold... snow was perfect for carving! It would hold any carve you threw at it. Probably the best riding conditions I've had all year, and the best I've ridden all year. Legs/knees felt pretty solid, so we spent probably 4 hours straight hammering runs, laying some serious trenches. Zero lift lines, no crowds, great snow for cracking the throttle wide open...

Sunday was a tiny bit warmer (26 or so) and snowing. Still really good conditions, but a bit more crowded.

Anyone going up? Think I will head up eeeeeearly tomorrow morning. I guess Petrol won't be there since he'll be enjoying Seven Springs. Anyone else going to the ShoeCreek?

I made it back home late last night.

dispite suffering a dislocated left shoulder in a silly lil out of bounds mega jump cum disaster on friday afternoon, I manned up and rode the springs for all she was worth taking just enough time away from the hill to see my Steelers win the Super Bowl!!!!