Note to New Members ×

Mrm

photodad2001

• 1 year later...

don't get me wrong.

I :1luvu:longer runs and DREAM of riding the 'crowded' slopes & crap conditions that some of the folks that post on here from out west complain about :smashfrea

there is something special about doing fifty or more mid-week, non-stop laps at a small place like MRM, Snowtrails, Mt Brighton, etc. though... 8-10 SuperG turns top to bottom and a short one and a half minute lift ride back to the top.:cool:

I won't be going to MRM this week due to rain. Looks like next Monday instead.

But Petrol it's twice as big as where I normally go! :eek:

Do you mean today or a week from today? Mondays are prime time for no crowds.:biggthump They've got a good base still and they've really stepped up their grooming over the last several years. (Hang on I' see they've changed the names of the runs, usually don't look at the trail maps) I spend most of my days on the Upper and Lower Mad River run, the Chute, and Regulator. Some really wide spaces on those 3. Sometimes they run gates on the Chute. The Chute used to be much narrower but they cleared out bunch of trees a few years ago.

I'm hoping to hit it this Monday... my son was tossing his cookies all last night but seemed fine today. If he's back to normal tomorrow we'll be there Monday.

I saw they were getting snow today... maybe I should bring my powder setup just in case.

:lol:

I'm such a liar... looks like we will be there late Sunday... maybe scare the racers. :eplus2:

First day ever at MRM. We got in around 1700 sans the spouse. She picked up the :barf: from the kid.

Very sad she's not here she would really like this place as it is really flat. :freak3: I was really surprised it does not seem to have the vertical feet as advertised. Sure had a lot of people!! I decided to take it easy and SB it for the first night. So it was the O'Sins and the Lib Tech Grocer.

The snow was really great they've had 2 to 4 inches in the last couple of days.

My son's still not 100% but he enjoyed himself tonight.

We're planning to be there for first chair tomorrow and I'll be HB it. Got the Bomber cards ready... I have a feeling I'll be answering a lot of questions tomorrow! :biggthump

We arrived a MRM early and nearly nabbed first chair. We did nab a lot of first tracks. The snow was soft but not slushy.

I realized as the day progress I was getting a twinge of what my son and my wife had... yuck. By midday I was probably running about 60% strength with a little fever. After a late lunch we packed it up and headed home.

We had a lot of fun, I'm so tired. Another midwest resort under our belts and my son's promised "snow day" was granted.

Met another carver on the hill today teaching his 3 year old to ski. I'm sorry I don't remember your name Mr. Bricklayer (if I didn't seem out of it well I was.) but I have some photos of you and your son. Send me a PM and I'll get them to you.

Why are all the carvers I meet so nice... what's wrong with you people?! :ices_ange

I think I'm going to go lay down.