Note to New Members ×

newboardquestion

Guest ethanpt

Guest ethanpt

Hi,

I am looking at some of the boards on klug, and would love for some advice on a couple options. I am 5'10" 190# and have size 12 feet and have been riding a craig kelly slopestyle 173 for years and am ready to begin carving. I am not looking to race, just go fast and have fun. I live in Boston, therefore will mostly be riding in the east. I am looking at the following options: 02 speed 168 or 178, 99 alp 171, 99 ultra prime 68 (may not be wide enough 4 me). I am also planning on getting a used pair of trench diggers. What to you folks think?

Thanks,

Ethan

I rode softies for years and learned to carve on a 168 ultra prime. I feel this a great board to learn on - much more forgiving then a FP. A 178 FP will be way too much board for you and you don't want anything shorter then a 168 (I'm 6"3" w/ size 12 pods as well)

Guest bookworm

I demoed an ultra prime 62 a number of years ago. Loved it, but failed to purchase it. Later, I saw a used one and purchased it. I really like it. I ride it with Trench Diggers. The board is about used up now - not much base or edge left. I would buy another in an instant.