Note to New Members ×

Schweetzer check-in

b0ardski

The bigfish has the big fog, but "ski by braile" is a good skill to have on some days. Last Sun. I rode chair 4 (sunny side) all morning wihth no lines & great vis., while the masses were picking their way down & over loading the 6 pack. I did hit the triple for a couple of Braile Bump runs in the afternoon.

Dane has been a great ambassador of alpine, hooking some local converts up with demo gear. The massive grins after a 1st session with the hardboot crew are priceless.

Inpromptu INWES sesssion at schweetzer would be Great. 3-5 alpiners meet at the clock tower for opening bell 8:50 mon., tue. & wed. & I'm there on fri. also. the 20th looks good for carving weather.

Day tickets are $59, becki has a few $10 off coupons, if you get a letter from skischool you can get a comp ticket.

I'd also like to get a group to car pool up to Turner mt. (Closed mid week) for a Friday powder day. $30 tickets & BYOB, all day freshies & they've stepped up the grooming. The 27th Is shapeing up to be a killer pow day at Turner.

http://skiturner.com/

http://www.accuweather.com/us/id/sandpoint/83864/forecast-15day.asp?partner=ietoolbar

Going up this morning, the cord should be killer with the fresh snow machined in:biggthump

For a "toe in the snow" report or meet up info ring me 208-six one oh-2169 free for ATT users

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all morning tue. the clouds moved over but vis stayed good.

The 168 madd bx kix a$$ in all conditions; from ec's in the cord to dancing down the steep bumps to bushwackin tight trees to find those perfect 5 turn powder slots.

3261263072_85b38ba88b.jpg

Fri. 20th looks like another killer carving day, be there at 8:50 or we'll have it trenched up before you can say "alaskan amber at the wang shack?":biggthump

shooting for a powder fri. at http://skiturner.com/ feb. 27

Hey Steve, the rest of the crew might be working Sun but I'll be around, It'd be great to ride with ya whenever you can make it.:biggthump

Kathy's coming over for a couple of days but hasn't settled on a date yet.

Blue bird day, I don't usually do Sat., but I may go up for some moving meat gates.

sounds good Mark. Andre will likley join us, he says unless it's a powder day, looking foward to the board reviews.

Gus came up fri., it was a beautiful sunny powder day & some of the crew talked us in to hiking up big blue. 12 of us in all shredded up the face, had a great run, but the bush wackin' to get out was pretty thick. Gus hardboots on freeride boards also, so the hike & bushwackin wore him out. I gave him a dicount coupon to entice him back for more civilized shredding.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark and friends,

Carve a turn or two for me tomorrow. Gotta work tomorrow :smashfrea

I talked to Dane today about a Kirkwood campout/carve fest in April. Dates are still be finalized along with the details, but Rick and I are talking about camping in the Kirkwood parking lot (near Chair 7) in my Six-Pac camper (91' F-250 diesel with new tires).

Talk soon,

Hugh