Note to New Members ×

how i polished my metal board

caspercarver

the only thing that bothered me was the adhesive remover. i took aluminum foil and dumped a bunch of adh. remover and let it set for hours to see if it would stain or do anything. i wiped it off and you couldn't tell anything had been there. imho just keep it away from any of the non metal parts. i did my board from last year the same way with no problems. on last years board i used Goof Off then acetone and it took over an hour to get the adhesive off. but i am no expert so use caution. by the way the board i am polishing is the board i have for sale in the classifieds.:biggthump

Awesome work! Now IF you can just figure out what keeps the snow from sticking to it.

I did the same with a pair of Volants (sticks, with Stainless Caps) years ago and could NOT find a way to keep the 'snow' from sticking to them. Tried everything, very annoying nothing seemed to work although it seemed to be worse here on the Ece Coast with the homemade ice.

• 2 weeks later...

I do car detailing/paint restoration as a hobby and the best car product for this application would be Optimum's Opti-Seal. It's the easiest product I've ever used as far as a wax/sealant and it leaves a super-slick finish just like a high end nuba wax.

The best part about Opti-Seal is you can use it on any plastic or trim product without worrying about it staining.

I don't think there is any product that is going to keep everything off, but I think this is one of the better options I've tried as far as car products.

You can do like 50 cars with one 8oz bottle and it's a "wipe on walk away" product so you don't have to buff out an haze like a traditional wax.

I can bring a bottle to SES if you are interested (assuming you are going?).