Just in from my persoal weatherman...

dingbat

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Coverage at the Dome is good. They got enough snow with the last storm to offset the rain and closed the hill Wed so the rain could run right through rather than get mashed into boiler plate. Conditions tonight were hard but carveable. I expect tomorrow's snow will be better than last weekend's and with the snow coming tomorrow night, Sun. should be lovely.

See you there?

Bobby,

You're killin' me! I'll be in the paradise known as New Jersey this Sunday.

The Scrap-Star was suposedly up today. If he did go, he should be jonesing for more with the conditions they've got up there right now. You could probably get him to come out Sun. Also, call Dan at Trails Sport Shop (413) 625-6607 and tell him you're coming up to ride. He is an amazing carver and jumps at the chance to get out of the shop to ride with other hardbooters. Call him soon though so he can get someone to cover the shop.

Yesterday was perfect hero groom. I cut turns from 9:30am to 4:30 pm and then I felt like when I was a kid and spun around in the tire swing for too long. Not nauseous, but just kind of dizzy to the point of feeling faint. It was f****** fantastic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeN6LZNPVQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeN6LZNPVQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mike is telling me to look for a foot of snow Sun, Mon, or Tue, which is good because it must have softened up today in the sun. When I got up the hill tonight it was approaching boiler plate, but not quite that bad. So the caveat is that the patern could shift and we may miss the snow. Good news is, if we get snow, it should be big and we'll be locked in the cold for a bit. Bad news is, if we miss it, we'll be on the outside and facing a blow-torch, melt-freeze scenario. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll be back up the hill Mon. in any case.

Hmmm, the main stream weather websites are saying a big dump on Sunday, with lighter snow showers on Monday. If that holds, I might head up early Monday morning--that's not set in stone though. I need to forecast 1) the weather, 2) wife's mood, and 3) crap that I just have to get done off the slopes.

"Scrap-star"? I like it! That would be a very dim star though...especially when it comes to carving prowess ;)

Big storm coming next week. We'll probably see rain, which will suck, but it should set up a round of nor'easters, which will not suck.

If for some reason the coming storm blows up the coast instead of back toward PA / OH, it'll most likely stall off the cape and we could see 30+ inches. Doubt it'll happen but, keep your fingers crossed.:biggthump

Looking good for next Tuesday! The storm is tracking east and showing for a foot so far out this way. Hope for more easting!:1luvu:

Conditions at the hill are thick and soft packed powder as it is right now. Should be fantastic through the weekend leading up to this coming storm!:biggthump