Note to New Members ×

If you could go anywhere to carve, where?

SWriverstone

Sun Valley

Clean unimpeded lines of sight. ramp it up- go as fast as you can until you can't see from the world blurring.

No Crowds

Automated snow making- perhaps the most advanced.

MOST IMPORTANTLY...seamless grooming done with multiple overlapping groomers at the same time on the same pass.

I'd ride a 220cm there.

But the terrain is steep.

What he said. :eplus2:

But not all is too steep. Lower Warm springs which has it's own chair (Greyhawk) is a glorious place for the beginner carver. Perhaps even better is mid Broadway and lower Broadway, Lower Olympic and perhaps the most under rated of all Lower River run. Sure it's in the shade that's why the snow stays good. Perfect low angle terrain to flex the ankles on. First runs of the day on Upper College, Lower college are good.

And then we could go to twenty other runs after, that you can lay it out if so inclined.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a related question for the board. If I was going to take a boarding vacation from Portland, traveling by car, and was willing to drive up to about 12 hours away, where would be the best place to go? Hoping to ride both groom and pow, but would take carving groomers over powder if I had to choose one or the other.

Places I'm thinking about include Revelstoke, Kicking Horse, Schweitzer and Sun Valley. Whistler's not on the menu because I've spent some time there already and though it's nice, it's more crowded than I'd like. Which of those four would you pick? What else is out there that I haven't thought about?

(Not sure if this trip will actually come off, but I can always dream. :) )