Note to New Members ×

How are people Riding Kryptons??

DiveBomber

I just got back from trying some on, and I don't know, I feel like you'd barely have any knee movement, sure you could really pressure the edge, but I dont see how you could use your ankles at all!

seems like you'd have to have massive heel lift on the rear boot.

Seems if it got sketchy or choppy you'd have a hard time controling it.

that or the board and bindings would have to be so soft.

I wish there were some place I could actually demo them to see what the hype is all about

well, the boots could be softened. I've dremmeled and hot knifed more than one set of ski boots.

flexons and tnt 8s have both been in my lineup but I've always liked the snowboard specific boots better.

I can see where a ski boot would work if I had a plate on a board, hangl or vist.

i've been training on them all week. so far we've ground the plastic "footbeds" under the liner, blown out the toe box, custom footbeds, instep inserts, drilled out the buckles to enlarge them, taken out the shim for forward flex and stiffness, and molded the liners.

they are almost bearable and maybe after another 3 or 4 adjustments i'll like them...

the reason we are riding them is that with the g forces the kesslers pull, we "fold" normal boots.. they are NOT a freecarve boot by any means. it's either 100% or forget about flexing and riding it.

i find mine to be extremely responsive when i am riding 100%-- through a rutted up race course as well.

Dive Bomber, I ride in the Krypton Pro and love them; been in them for three years or so. They are super responsive and do not fold. But if you are coming from the softer SB hardboots it will take some getting used to. My first feeling was one of being blocked on my back leg. I went to the softer tongue and after a day of riding got into the feel. Other than custom footbeds I have not modified them.

Like Neal said they are very responsive at 100% but I also find them to be great for free carving.

And of course you can soften the ride with buckle adjustments and or the power strap tightness. I think if you went to too soft of a board it would be overpowered by these boots or you would at least be defeating the purpose of the boot. Hope you can find some to demo and can give them time.

Neal, how is Terra doing this year?

I just got back from trying some on, and I don't know, I feel like you'd barely have any knee movement, sure you could really pressure the edge, but I dont see how you could use your ankles at all!

seems like you'd have to have massive heel lift on the rear boot.

Seems if it got sketchy or choppy you'd have a hard time controling it.

that or the board and bindings would have to be so soft.

I wish there were some place I could actually demo them to see what the hype is all about

Sounds like ski boots to me!