Note to New Members ×

Pls help on bindings setup

iron_butt

1. how to prevent toe bails being cut by board edge? when i take off my rear boot from the binding, the bail lever(os2) occasionally flips over/under the edge.

2. when apply binding angle, cant, lift, how to keep the COG right above the board's running axis?

1. make a habit of after releasing the rear binding- bending down and placing it on the board, not flopping over the side, btw... the binding isn't being cut, the edge is being destroyed

I use intec on the rear

2. you cog is between your tail bone and your knots, don't worry about it, but try to think of your cog being the ball's of your feet as you're riding...grasshopper

thanks for the prompt reply.

1. a little spring will fix it, I guess. I am trying to make a pair.

2. heel side turn is much more sensitive for me than the toe side. does it mean my COG is on the heel side? with my soft binding, i just push it a little to the toe side. but I have no clue with my os2

1. how to prevent toe bails being cut by board edge? when i take off my rear boot from the binding, the bail lever(os2) occasionally flips over/under the edge.

2. when apply binding angle, cant, lift, how to keep the COG right above the board's running axis?

thanks a million.

On bails, the easiest fix is just to put the toe bail down over the binding when you clip out. This becomes pretty automatic after a few days. If you come up with a spring solution that works well for you, please post pics.

For your second question, i think that you're asking about essentially how to keep your body precisely centered over the board after making all binding setup adjustments, right? I'd agree with other posters -- this is more an issue of technique then of un-centered weight distribution over the board due to your binding setup. It's true that you might introduce a small bias to one side or the other with your setup, but it shouldn't be large enough to create any problems. As long as your angles and cants are comfortable and let you get into a good position (i.e., flex knees comfortably, angulate, etc.), turn technique should be your primary focus.