Note to New Members ×

I hate florida(most of the time)

scotts.Scheinman

coming form an sub artic climate during the winter, i cant get used to the warmth or my inability to ski or snowboard. I talk to my friends out in colorado and they love to rub it in how they can ski whenever they want. Im so tempted to get some new gear and pack my bags and head west. anyways, im rambling, i cant wait to hit up the wisconsin slopes :( because thats probably the best thing ill get this year.

I totally feel your pain...

After growing up in a country with decent snow, mountains and strong skiing tradition, skiing up to 30 days a year, myself, I moved to South Africa for about 12 years. Closest (and the only) ski resort was at 8 hours drive (2hr on a dangerous gravel road). Once you made it there, you would have 2 tow ropes "back breakers" and a button-bar on mostly man made snow... Moving to Vancouver in 2003 was like being born again...

coming form an sub artic climate during the winter, i cant get used to the warmth or my inability to ski or snowboard. I talk to my friends out in colorado and they love to rub it in how they can ski whenever they want. Im so tempted to get some new gear and pack my bags and head west. anyways, im rambling, i cant wait to hit up the wisconsin slopes :( because thats probably the best thing ill get this year.

Man..Florida..land of the..no hills for skating, no hills for climbing on a bike, and no hills for skiing down!

I worked for Royal Caribbean for just over a year in 04' / 05', and spent quite a bit of time in a few different parts of Florida. A lot in Port Canaveral, some in Fort Lauderdale (Cheesecake factory is da bomb), and a bit in Miami. It was weird to see people riding sportbikes without helmets. It was nice for a change I guess, but I did miss being near mountains. It is almost unbearably humid in the summer. When it rained, it rained like nuts but then cleared up soon after. But there is no denying it's bloody flat there.

later,

Dave R.

What about the Betty's? Get a surfboard! I know it isn't snow but if you are within driving range of rideable waves get your ass on a surfboard. It can be fun. I don't know how east coast waves are in the winter but in SoCal the winter rides were usually the best.

What about the Betty's? Get a surfboard! I know it isn't snow but if you are within driving range of rideable waves get your ass on a surfboard. It can be fun. I don't know how east coast waves are in the winter but in SoCal the winter rides were usually the best.

Moreso because all the kooks are busy jibbing than the waves being significantly better. I don't surf anymore anyway..Guess to someone else, it's one less kook in the water :lol:

Moreso because all the kooks are busy jibbing than the waves being significantly better. I don't surf anymore anyway..Guess to someone else, it's one less kook in the water :lol:

What about all the squid/jarhead kooks that are out during liberty renting foam boards thinking that because Keanu picked it up why can't they? Don't know that West Coast waves are better during the winter but have been on some waves from Solano to Cabo that were huge.

Yeah, you know why I'd rather bike and longskate in the offseason.

How about the kid that has 5 surfboards, let me borrow one, (my board got crunched in, and consequently sinks, and the money to repair is much better spent on snowboarding) and only talks about surfing at school, who "surfed" on foam and bubbles. Not even whitewash. Bubbles.

Your avatar gets me every time.