Note to New Members ×

OPTION 155 Carving board

mr3arnest

I don't know any more specs, really. I could do some measurements if you wish.

I bought this board brand new years ago. I'm not sure how long ago.

(I took a couple of years off after a knee injury) but perhaps 6 or 7 years ago?

I rode it once and decided it was too short for me as I am 6'1" and 200+ pounds. I was keeping it for my son but he seems to have little or no interest in carving.

It has been stored base up suspended by the ends to maintain camber in the basement with the rest of my boards. A thick wax was applied to the base prior to storage.

I really liked my last Option freeride deck. I never knew they made a carver.

I would figure that the Option, being a board model, wouldn't typically come in forms of both alpine and freeride planks. With this presumption, it also seems that you might not realize that this Option posted here is a Sims snowboard MODEL and not the MAKE. I've a bro that also has an Option (make) freeride deck. ... Just in case you ultimately buy something that is different from what you believed it to be, I guess.

Retracted

option did make an alpine deck back in the day; i've got the c165 (same width & looks like similar profiles, but with different graphics). prior built some option boards in his early years; he may have been responsible for these. i think the vintage is closer to 10 years.

No other printing on the board? Are you sure?

The thought did occur to me that it might be an "Option Sims" rather than a "Sims Option." Or perhaps I'm even misreading it. I don't know. Anyway, in the end, I was just trying to make sure that that potential buyer knew what it was in case it wasn't an Option make. If it really is an Option, then cool. My mistake :p

Retracted

post-5013-141842263799_thumb.jpg

The word SIMS that you saw was a stomp pad.

SIMS made an oval shaped foam stomp pad that you could use full or you could punch out the letters SIMS and either stick down the word or the oval with the letters punched out.

I peeled off the foam letters before I took the last photos and no, there is no other printing on the board. there are a few foam bits stuck on there but they should come off easily enough.

I have a custom Prior that I bought off Chris when he still had his factory on the North Shore of Vancouver. I would sell it but to be truthful, I rode the living **** out of that board. AND! The topsheet is wrong. Or a one off. Or something. I can't remember. It is either a 4x4 or a 4wd. Can't remember that either and of course you can't tell from the topsheet.

Anyway, maybe this Option board is one of his early creations? Maybe I should ask him?

r

Here is a shot of it without the stomp pad.

Also, I apologize for thinking that you were being a tremendous pain in the ass. Turns out you are tremendously observant and I have high regard for that... good on ya'

post-7210-1418422638_thumb.jpg

For $200 I will personally pack it and ship it to your specifications at your expense.

Packing at my expense because I know that I will do a good job.

Shipping at yours with whomever you wish to ship with. And insurance at your discretion, expense and responsibility.

Unless I get a better offer? Do I hear $201?

r