Note to New Members ×

windows 7

bobdea

not even the point of the thread, I use other superior OSes for what I do anyway. Was illustrating one of the many reasons I don't use the OS unless I have to.

Windows 7, looks good, was hoping to hear from someone who's played with the early builds of it.

I wasn't pissing on your solutions, it's sad that it seems that solution is the only one that's effective though.

bob, you seem to be real into computers. why aren't you in the business? (you said you're packing xmas ornaments 40 hrs/wk)

because I have to move around or I'm miserable. I have done some simple IT work, setting up a couple small networks and getting win 2k and mac OS to play nicely with each other. I hated it on the days that it was sitting in front of a row of PCs doing this or that.

XP works great -- why F with it.. what is to be gained????

tons of things

XP has a mess of flaws that not even the most ardent MS supporters will argue

XP on the day it debuted it was sort of behind the times. certainly not what it was supposed to be. Remember all the amazing things "longhorn" was supposed to do?

Vista for all it's short comings is much better than XP in many ways, some key security issues were addressed among other things.

ah... bobdea, the fox news of accurate i.t. information. ;)

that actually WAS funny, made me laugh.

willywhit, the youtube of accurate i.t. information. ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8yrOAjfKM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm digging the iMac alot, learning as I go. I still bust out the laptop with Vista on occasion.The bigboy Dell with XP is in cold storage, don't really miss her much.

I talked to Fin today...and he said that he's now willing to bring back replacement parts for my Bomber Toasters and that he is now saying that the elastomers built into the TD1 have no better dampening than the Bomber TD0 which was mounted direct to the board!

Amazing!

Who ever knew, during this time that....

Board shape would change

Board material would change

Tuning metrics would change

Optimum stance angles would change

Stance widths would change

Waxes would change

Course offset would change

Course flow would change

Event timing would change

Stance height would change

Boot dynamics would change

Footbed technology would change

Innerboots would change

Manufacturing technology would change

Competition would change

Law suits would change to way manufacturers do business

Some company go out of business

Parts have been found to be problematic

Coopetition would begin (Manufacturers become distributors)

And I could literally write a list all night.............

And to think we are now on TD 3.0. Wow. C'mon...bring back the TD0!!!!

My point. We live in a dynamic world. Life evolves, products need to address the change.

Esp in today's times...