Note to New Members ×

A fellow hardbooter has passed, Jim Pryor.

AaronG

Jim Pryor, from Southern Calif has passed on, he was involved in a head on collision last week near his home in Running Springs, CA. I don't have anymore particulars but I will do some investigation if anyone desires. Jim leaves behind his wife and a teenage son. Jim taught snowboarding at Bear Mtn resort here in SoCal.

I am sure many of you have carved with Jim at the many SES gatherings that have taken place over the years. Although I never got the chance to ride with Jim, many here have. I have spoken with Jim and his wife on many occasions and he was always a pleasure to speak with. I regret that I never rode with him as he was only a jump away from the local resort that I regularly ride at.

So, as we begin this new season of carving, lets dedicate one of our runs to a fellow carver that will be missed.

May you have never ending corduroy and hero snow conditions~

I miss Jim already.

He's one of a few BOL members that I've rode with on a regular basis.

I still remember the first day I saw Jim ride, which was around 4 or 5 years ago. From the chairlift, all I saw was some long hair, flashy jacket, and smooth style. From the lift, I thought Jim was in his 20's.

Jim talked like Spicolli (from Fast Times at Richmond High) and he loved to tell me about his surfing days.

I'm sorry I never got a chance to surf with Jim.

Snowboarding has lost one of its great characters. This news hit me like a punch in the stomach. Jim and his family visited Steamboat two years ago. We rode quite a few days and had them over to the house for dinner.

Jim boundless enthusiasm for the sport (and everything) was unmatched.

I met Jim at the Pure Carve Expression Sessions in the late 90's.

Wild hair hangin' out, the full laid-out surf style carve, and total Spicoli on the chair back up, talking story about his surfing days.

All the best to his wife and son.

Crank a big one for me, brah---

Aloha.

I met Jim at last years SES. He was as much fun riding up the chair as he was to carve with. He was so enthusiastic and happy to be there in Aspen. He told me many great stories about surfing, snowboarding and his family. He'd been married for 30 years or more yet still spoke of his wife like they were young people in love. He went on and on about his teenage son. His son's snowboarding, teen romances and school work were all things we talked about.

As much as a kid at heart Jim was, he totally embraced his role as a father and husband. Meeting and riding with Jim was one of the highlights of SES '08 for me.