Note to New Members ×

Election flap and it's all my fault!

patmoore

Pat them down

don't worry, not even close to NSFW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2oZM6JANuw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2oZM6JANuw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Just read in the Globe and Mail that you a whole bunch of statisticians (sp?) got together and figured out you are more likely to get struck by lightning twice than to cast a make or break vote in the US election... I am pretty sure it was a 1 in 60 million chance to cast that vote that tips the scale in 1 state and that 1 state is what is needed for one or the other to win... or a 1 in 12 million to cast a vote that tips the scale in the1 state... go here to see the article, thought it was pretty interesting... Better chances of winning powerball than casting the winning vote! Not sure which i would prefer:rolleyes:

Just read in the Globe and Mail that you a whole bunch of statisticians (sp?) got together and figured out you are more likely to get struck by lightning twice than to cast a make or break vote in the US election... I am pretty sure it was a 1 in 60 million chance to cast that vote that tips the scale in 1 state and that 1 state is what is needed for one or the other to win... or a 1 in 12 million to cast a vote that tips the scale in the1 state... go here to see the article, thought it was pretty interesting... Better chances of winning powerball than casting the winning vote! Not sure which i would prefer:rolleyes:

That's true when it comes to the presidential election, but there are so many really critical local elections going on. Here in CA they want to change the constitution to take away peoples rights. If that passes by one vote, a lot of people are going to be very upset.

There were several million people who stepped in to take your place :biggthump

BobD

Actually I did get to the polls. Astonishingly enough there was no line at 11:30 in the morning.

I spent the fourth grade (1955-56) and tenth grade (1961-62) in segregated Montgomery, Alabama. To see what has transpired in my lifetime is truly astonishing.

This forum has participants from many parts of the globe. From what I gather in news reports, the election results have been warmly received.

Two guys with very different backgrounds vied for the top spot but only one could prevail. Both clearly love their country and deserve our respect. The Washington Post said it best when it said the big question is why either of these guys would want this job. The tasks facing Barack Obama are formidable but I have to think that if anyone is up to the task it's him.

I don't normally climb on soapboxes but in my advanced age I'll take some liberties. Regardless of who you voted for, thanks for participating in our democratic process.

2j2bya0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Take some bad bonks on the head.

Free, legal, just as good, and it lasts for weeks, man.

Oh sorry, Jim plays a strat.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFeXxC5lBLo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Bob D.

Looking again I see the (small skid) you are talking about!

However: at my age & lack of flexibility/ a good heal side for me is very elusive.

I’m comfortable with the toe side / but always room for improvement!

I’m hoping to get close to that heal side this yr/ that small skid will be very acceptable for me!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the inspiration!