Note to New Members ×

Headcams Revised

Kent

I searched and found a bit of info on headcams / helmetcams.....but figure technology has changed in the last few years.

Looking for a way to video 1 hour of biking...perhaps 1.5.

Is there an "all in one" system or would I be buying parts? (i.e. headcam attached to whatever video unit I want)

Thanks for the input.

K

I use one of these bullet cameras with one of these cameras for car stuff. I'm going to try it on the slopes this year.

When connected to the bullet camera, the Aiptek camera records in 640x480 mode. Note that the little add-on options on that camera start to add quickly to the cost. The Aiptek only records in .mov format, which is annoying but liveable for the low cost. "SUPER video converter" is free (google it) and works pretty well.

Example video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6YmTuK_mNM0&fmt=18 - not full resolution but pretty indicative of the quality.

It will need some automotive window tint over the lens to drop the brightness a bit. The brightness of the lipstick camera is turned down as much as possible in the above video, it'll be very washed out in the snow.