Note to New Members ×

that IS a tasty burger

willywhit

Gleb, road trip to AZ ?

Somebuddy get me a doctor....or, better yet, a nurse:rolleyes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9N4Y1DpTxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9N4Y1DpTxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69ICykgnYo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69ICykgnYo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

evidently they do......never heard of 'em but I DO enjoy a tasty burger.

Not really into the Johnny Rockets type thang tho.

http://www.fiveguys.com/store_locator.aspx

Dedham, MA

170 Providence Highway, Dedham, MA 02026

tel. 781-326-1158

fax 781-326-3382

See Map Location

Foxborough, MA Coming Soon

Washington Street, Foxborough, MA 02035

See Map Location

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1Yuvq6I1w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1Yuvq6I1w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

you can't beat lard for flavor. Once a year I'll cook a real roast beef dinner with roast potatos cooked in lard. Par boiled and roasted until the edges are crispy. Nothing else comes close. I even roast some parsnip and carrots. The next day I'll fry up the left over potatos and brussel sprouts, again in lard (bubble and squeek). I figure once a year isn't too bad.

BobD

too funny

the only issue w the girls wearing those outfits comes from health codes. they have their hair hanging down and serving food. not up to health codes for restaurants.

its also just plain stupid to work with skin exposed near hot ovens/fry-o-laters/etc. then there's the issue of high heels on greasy floors. all accidents waiting to happen.

oh well! :D

food looks yummy though... mmm greasy burgers. LOL

~ais (soon to be RN)

Once a year I'll cook a real roast beef dinner with roast potatos cooked in lard. Par boiled and roasted until the edges are crispy. Nothing else comes close. I even roast some parsnip and carrots.

Oh oh oh. I'm thinking pork roast with crackling and all the trimmings - potatoes, kumara (New Zealand sweet potato), parsnips and pumpkin (real pumpkin, not that North American squash stuff). All swimming in pork fat.

Crackling is the fat and cured skin left on the back of the roast. You rub it with salt and oil and then keep basting it with the fat as it cooks. It comes up crispy and crunchy with all the cooked fat underneath. It's the world's unhealthiest food, and dammit, it's GOOD.

I'm salivating now, and I just had lunch and all.

You guys need to go to come down under and let us show you how to make the burger. With hand made patty, bacon, beetroot, tomato, lettuce, cheese, fried onions, an egg, a pineapple ring, and some sauteed mushrooms...

Funny indeed. The Heart Attack Grill just got better advertising out of that news segment than a paid ad would have gotten. The nurse representative complaining of the "slutty" stereotyping of nurses made herself look like an @ss. I bet business is booming for the burger joint right now. Good for them.

Fat = Good. It's in our DNA to crave fat, among other things....it's part of our survival instinct.

As for the health code stuff, the kitchen looked a lot better than some other burger joints I've seen. But a cleanup crew can do wonders, especially if the owner knows a news crew is coming in.

High heels on a tile floor for a full shift on your feet - ouch. They do look nice though.

Oh oh oh. I'm thinking pork roast with crackling and all the trimmings - potatoes, kumara (New Zealand sweet potato), parsnips and pumpkin (real pumpkin, not that North American squash stuff). All swimming in pork fat.

I would have thought you would miss a nice leg of NZ lamb with mint sauce. I think that's my favourite roast. Tend not to buy it now in the US.

BobD

Allee,

I was thinking of you the other day. There is this market across the street from my school and each section of the market is a different ethnic food stand. Past the wine bar, (yep there is a wine bar too), there were bags of crackling. If I can remember when I get to school today, I'll pickup a few bags of crackling and see if I can mail them to you.

Everything tastes better with pork! *Nummy*

Crackling is the fat and cured skin left on the back of the roast. You rub it with salt and oil and then keep basting it with the fat as it cooks. It comes up crispy and crunchy with all the cooked fat underneath. It's the world's unhealthiest food, and dammit, it's GOOD.

I'm salivating now, and I just had lunch and all.

You guys need to go to come down under and let us show you how to make the burger. With hand made patty, bacon, beetroot, tomato, lettuce, cheese, fried onions, an egg, a pineapple ring, and some sauteed mushrooms...

As for the health code stuff, the kitchen looked a lot better than some other burger joints I've seen. But a cleanup crew can do wonders, especially if the owner knows a news crew is coming in.

High heels on a tile floor for a full shift on your feet - ouch. They do look nice though.

yeah i'd say knowing you were going to be on film probably made a lot of difference

i love heels, but yeah... yikes indeed. i'll wear some out for the night in between standing and sitting my feet will still ache.

working 12-16 hrs in GOOD very expensive Danskos, my feet **kill** me. not sure how those chicas do it.

too funny

the only issue w the girls wearing those outfits comes from health codes. they have their hair hanging down and serving food. not up to health codes for restaurants.

its also just plain stupid to work with skin exposed near hot ovens/fry-o-laters/etc. then there's the issue of high heels on greasy floors. all accidents waiting to happen.

oh well! :D

food looks yummy though... mmm greasy burgers. LOL

~ais (soon to be RN)

FAT IS FLAVOR.

I work in the food industry.

I agree, but I think for the purposes of the interview, they may have adjusted things a bit, and took some imagery liberties. Proper kitchen attire is required by law in many places as well as non slip footwear. A few hot oil spatters and burns, and I'm sure they will be "covered up in lab coats" soon enough.

What is the real concern here is the girls safety, but then again, I'm sure there is a BOUNCER and a dance pole somewhere nearby and those girls don't get harassed either :smashfrea

just heard about this joint

Mr Bartleys Burger Cottage

http://bartleysburgers.com/

not to be confused with

http://www.wildwillysburgers.com/

cooked up some pork ribs last weekend and saved enough fatty residue to fry up some eggs in it sunday morning.

mrs whit was appalled that I'd saved the delicious goo and wasn't using olive oil to fry eggs.

Something about pork fat that is just sooo tasty.

~Peace and chicken grease~

post-123-141842260542_thumb.jpg

Allee, I'll pickup a few bags of crackling and see if I can mail them to you.

Everything tastes better with pork! *Nummy*

You could bring some to Aspen! We could all sit around, get drunk and break our teeth on crackling bits.

Bob, I love a good lamb roast, esp with Watties Thick Mint Sauce, but pork and apple sauce is better. Last time I was in NZ I found some Lamb Roast and Mint Sauce potato chips, and they actually tasted just like it! Awesome!

That sounds like an even better idea. I'll make sure I pack the cracklings. I haven't had crackling in many years, people used to think I was odd back then for eating them. :1luvu:

You could bring some to Aspen! We could all sit around, get drunk and break our teeth on crackling bits.

Bob, I love a good lamb roast, esp with Watties Thick Mint Sauce, but pork and apple sauce is better. Last time I was in NZ I found some Lamb Roast and Mint Sauce potato chips, and they actually tasted just like it! Awesome!