Note to New Members ×

chairlift respect

CarvCanada

Yeah it's a great feeling to hear people yelling from the chairlifts. I get a lot of "Absolutely Beautiful lines!" "Great carving!" "You must be a Artist." "Hey I remember you! You're the guy that leaves a line behind you." and so on.

But what is strange sometimes. I mostly get these comments from skiers, not snowboarders. In fact I did get a few negative comments from boarders.

One of them I was completely confuse. The dude said,"F... your Sister!" Where did that come from? I don't even have a sister. Oh well, just enjoyed the view!

Originally posted by Speed Demon

yah some boarders dont like the whole alpine idea becuase they say its to much like skiing...so i dunno i personally think that it looks really fun and amazing...im sure others in here would agree with me on that...:p

Yeah, I think they don't like the idea of the Hard boots and narrow boards. A few of them are afraid they won't be able to the airs and tricks.

I just tell them, "It's who you are. If you want to do the airs and tricks , you just do it! Yeah, maybe the soft boots equipment is easier than the alpine, but where you guys dig the airs we dig the TURNS!"

"I have seen several carvers do some amazing tricks, It can be done . It's depends on the board."

Life goes go on.........:D

Originally posted by crucible

"It looks unforgiving," she said. "Is it diffucult?"

"Not if you know how to snowboard." I replied.

Last season:

Q: "Have you ever tried a real snowboard?"

A: "Hey, I was just about to ask you the same thing!"

The season before:

Q: "Is that like snowboarding?"

A: "It IS snowboarding!" and I should have ended with, "...only better!" but of course that didn't occur to me until much later.

Similar to Nate, had these two riding this spring after getting off a lift:

Q: "Is that harder than snowboarding?"

A: (silence with a puzzled look on face)

and immediately following, before I had time to respond:

Q: "Can you snowboard too?"

A: "Well, I'm about to find out here!"

and I clipped in and left. I swear I thought the guy was just jerking around on the first question, so I didn't have time to respond (hence the dumb, puzzled look on my face). The second one was fired at me immediately after that. I've had all kinds of questions asked of me, never those!

i'm often get joined from the single line to a group of 17 year ol 3 softie riders. i'm also 17, and they always make some sort of comment or question, usually in a slightly superior tone (of course not if they saw me riding :) )

whatever, i always am very friendly and informative and make sure to stick out my beautiful coiler blue flames 186 with cateks and suzukas so i can crush their spirits! :)

I used to work in lift ops and the other guys (who've never ridden with me)would always give me grief about my gear... occasionally i would ride with someone that i haven't before and they inevitably said after a few runs through the trees "dude, you can actually ride with that thing" which i guess is about as close as you'll get to praise from a lifty!

but the best thing I've seen was as I was going back up the chair checking out my own line and watching a skier maching it down, he saw my line and stopped to check it out, looking up and down the hill for a good 30 secs wondering what the hell it was! ;)

and I was riding Winter Park with my uncle (who was on a skwal) on a powder day, when some guy pullled up next to us as we were taking a breather and said "what the hell is that thing, I've been following this deep ass trench for ages!" I guess he saw a line in the snow and followed it down to us.

fun times....