Note to New Members ×

Alpine Boards Galore

price

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cuser%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ian,

Nice Boards, I was hoping for a different Thorndike model.

A little softer and narrower. I think the one you have is this one, off of the Donek website?

182 Thorndike GSa 03 182 165 15.0 25.07 20.50 25.07 9.8

Best of luck, and see you up on the Mtn.

Fanman

Hi, I've been snowboarding for the past 15 years, but only with soft boots and free ride boards, I've been always was crazy about carving, so I decided to try an alpine board this coming season.

I'm about 250 pounds and 6 feet aprox, looking for an all mountain board with bindings, do you have any think that can help me to start, if you don't do you have any advise for me regarding the size of the board I shoul get, I don't want to spend to much money in my first gear.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Would love any rubber base plate type gaskets you may have. And the plastic shims that go between the bails and the aluminum block.

I got a bunch of bales when they were shutting down but they all came without the plastic bushing. More bails would never hurt. Let me know.

Nice to see you on here. I think you were at the qualifier the year before Park City Olympics. I tried but stunk the whole thing up. Watching guys who really know how to ride was awesome.

Thanks.

Does Dave need to wait some more on picking up the board in my garage rafters??? PM me if so...hehehe!!

haha, no way dude! that Airwalk is destined to be in my quiver before the first snows!

LOL.

I still need to pay off a few "splurges" I made this past 3 months ... Summer and Jet-ski season is just as addicting as carving on snow LOL

I have around 5 of the rubber gaskets that stick on the bottom of the baseplate but don't have any extra of the plastic pieces that you are referring to. Yeah that Park City hill never treated me all that well, oh-well, Ian

Would love at least three if you can spare them and they aren't part of a binding thing. could actually use them all but don't want to be a gasket hog.

Thanks Ian. Please advise what you would like plus shipping.

HI, I would really like to be able to help you out but all the boards that I have are a little longer and stiffer than what you would want when beginning. I think you should probably look for a 172-178 with a little softer flex so that the commitment isn't such a factor when starting out. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks Ian

There is currently a Burton UltraPrime 162 in the classifieds, which would be a good starter alpine board. It's only $100, and you could later use it as your early/late season rock board when you graduate to something else. I rode an UltraPrime 156 for years, and it was a nice forgiving carving board. Not too stiff and not too much effort to ride. Plus, they are super lightweight.

hello out there..

I am seeking a Alpine carving board. Beginning Apl boarder, wt 160 lbs. ht. 5'9", I have many years exp on freestyle boards, many years surfing, If any of that helps. Any suggestions would help. If any of you out there have any set ups for sale let me know you can reach me at shysurfer30@yahoo.com

All the best,

Andrew

I may have something for you. Will contact off thread.