Note to New Members ×

Black Pearl Snowboards

freecarver

.....................but there is a balance between the two leading brands in WC:

Benjamin Karl was the winner with SG Snowboards 2007/2008 (gents)

(Bozzetto was very close behind him with Kessler)

Nicolien Sauerbreij was the winner with Kessler snowboards 2007/2008 (ladies)

So good for competition but has nothing to do with us freecarvers.

I just prefere some other brands ............:biggthump (infected again by some german brand).

post-105-141842260071_thumb.jpg

post-105-141842260072_thumb.jpg

Jack you need to update yourself with the latest seasons results. The Schochs were not much of a factor last year at all. And Sigi's board company SG won the overall.

What this means for the alpine community is more legit board choices and even faster progression in board making, all of which is good. In my opinion Kessler is still the best, followed very close by SG, then Oxcess (which isn't even titinal believe it or not). I will hold judgment on the Black Pearl boards until I actually see one on the snow. So far the plate the Schochs designed has mixed reviews with the world cupper who have tried it. The plate design that Sigi and crew are on looks great, but is basically home made by them.

The great thing about Kessler is that he is still innovating and his new boards are even better than last seasons boards. He is testing a new top sheet right now so if you see some flat black boards under world cup riders feet they could be Kesslers also. There is also rumored to be a new design he has made for super icey conditions......rumor is from a reliable person, but I would like to see it first before I comment further.

Last I spoke with Sigi they were using Vist plates, but you may be ahead of the game on some knowledge of testing their own plates, do tell.....

SG finished great last year and as was mentioned, overall winners. So it will be interesting to see how the boards fare this year, Vist inserts are built in on the 08/09 boards. We will only be carrying a select few as price dictates careful selection.

RJ, the SG boards are designed around the Vist plate system, but Sigi, Karl, and Fishnaller all ride a different plate that is pretty much home made. There is a podium shot in this video that shows the plate they are on

I have the womens SL and GS 08/09 demo boards right now they are good, real good. I had some doubts because of the lengths (the GS being a 175 which is longer than most womens boards), but they ride shorter than the lengths and are very forgiving. These are a good option for women who need a world cup level board AND for junior guys who can't quite handle a 180 or 185 yet.