Note to New Members ×

Quicksilver sells Rossignol

Jack M

we all knew what was going to happen ( nice surfing spirit quicksilver btw)

- get a hand on the clothing dept of Rossi

- get rid of the factories that make skis and are not profitable anyway

- sell as much of the work tool that they could

- leave

what they have done here in the region in 2 years is a real tragedy: workshops with guys with 30+ experience in ski making got fired for nothing....bang.

nice move

N

I don't think bad snow in SoCal had anything to do with Rossi's fate....The resorts I've visited in the last three years all seem to feature either Burton for their boards and Salomon for their skis.....

Nobody rides Rossi decks down here. Damn near Burton exclusive, with about a near equal mix of Ride/Sims and a few K2s. Never seen a Rossi deck that wasn't from a fleet, or the one my brother has.

we all knew what was going to happen ( nice surfing spirit quicksilver btw)

- get a hand on the clothing dept of Rossi

- get rid of the factories that make skis and are not profitable anyway

- sell as much of the work tool that they could

- leave

what they have done here in the region in 2 years is a real tragedy: workshops with guys with 30+ experience in ski making got fired for nothing....bang.

nice move

N

yup, that was the consensus of a few people in the industry that I know have said.

I laughed the first time I saw a Roxy branded snowboard and could not help but think that Levis and Banana Republic want in on the game too.

I must say this does not surprise me one bit. I've seen it happen when Quiksilver took over Mervin MFG, tho the VIP of Mervin MFG managed to persuade QS to leave some people alone who has been there for a very long effing time. I'm truly apologetic for those in France who got "fired." A pity. Too gawd damn corporate attitude these days -- it really irks me when the corporate has an attitude that employees -ARE- expendable when it's not exactly on the par. The employees are the one who makes the "make or break" for the company. Jeez.

EDIT: Its the bean counters who I truly despise the most.

lee, become a activist and raise some hell.

if enough people push hard enough the way corporations are chartered could be changed so they inherently do less harm.

Good cause, yes, but the bottom line which -most- corporation adhere to -- money talks. MervinMFG used to do night shifts so the employees can go ride at their local mountain during the day, but the bean counters said it was a waste of money and that shift was totally scratched off the board.

'sides, there's always AFL/CLO (If I got the acro right).

America just threw 1000 billion USD in the game to save its economy, quicksilver story is a drop in that stuff..not to mention rossi!

It seems that US economy is soon to be bought by china in the next week when the treasure bonds will be available....crazy week ! I wonder where all this will lead....and take everyone worldwide..

N.

The economy is fundementally sound !

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

China is going to be the new incarnation of "the company store". How's it go, some people say the mans made out of mud.......

Should be the new anthem.

BobD

LOL, it's a mental recession, just ask Johnboy's people and Ben Stein, these people of the new hoovervilles must be just mentally homeless

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26776283/

We better duck because the neocon lynch mob is gonna come out and say all we need to do is cut taxes, up spending to bankrupt the government and bomb Iran and it will all be okay.

Hopefully this is a good thing for us ROZI -fans.

Perhaps they will get back to making GOOD graphics again, and make better boards the way they were back in the late 1990s

yeah, now they might actually have focus as the snowboard line may be as profitable as their ski line, in the 90s a rossi rep indicated to me that their skis were less profitable if you compared the same number of skis as to boards but they sold such a volume of skis that it was pretty profitable. this is a guess based on what I am about to type below....

Now, it seems like solomon and a couple other lesser brands are as common place in the rental ski world and in the entry level skis where rossi dominated for awhile.