Note to New Members ×

Santa droped by earlier this year ;-)))

JK moscraciun

right. 20mm is mega taper for freecarving.

Ya know... after spending a season riding my Coiler NSR2 (also 2cm taper) as much as possible, I very much enjoy it as a freecarving board. I've also ridden a similarly shaped Kessler. These babies *do* come around quickly on runs with any amount of pitch. The only it wasn't finishing turns was on greens and "blues that should be greens anyway".

How is that, you ask? well, my theory is that what they lack in hookiness, they make up for with acceleration and stability at speed. And you take that acceleration, and stability at speed, and run it down a slope with some pitch, and it WILL come around under you. Lots of "oh ****" moments on that thing all season. And it carves back uphill on a pitch as readily as an untapered Donek.

Just my $0.02. My NSR2 is my favorite tool for balls-out freecarving, hands down.

On flats you constantly have to be aware and flexed otherwise your gonna hit the ground!

Sounds like an asym!

Sick board though, and that is a lot of holes. I wonder if you could mount the old Burton 5-Hole bindings where the hangl plate mounts. :ices_ange