Note to New Members ×

Fishing was good!

C5 Golfer

Al di you use thw wine for chum? Now go out and find Bigfoot!

Merlot soaked herring gets em every time...

I see Big Foot now and then at Whistler -- there is a guy who wears a BigFoot Ski Outfit... Scared me the first time I saw him. Thought it was a Grizzl bear.

I am not a fisherman. I like to catch but the fishing part is hard to get into! anyway I had some out of town friends show up and want to go fishing. I got out the duck boat and went looking for fishing poles etc. the only pole I could find was a $6.99 zebco spiderman pole of my son's.

I purchased two pike worthy lures and a steel leader along with my license as we headed to the river.

My two friends are fly fishing for northern pike with some seriously huge fly poles(he spent the last year working in anchorage) they are slinging these big wet rat looking things back and forth and basically accomplishing nothing that I can tell.

Several hours go by in which I am primarily concerned with boat operation and navigation. I flipped a lure under a log occasionally when the air traffic pattern wasn't completely locked up with wet fly chaos.

I had on my spiderman special pole with a steel leader and something called a pike mini. basically a jointed lure painted to look like a pike minnow about 4 inches long with a treble hook on the front section and another on the back. I cast it under a log in the slough we were fishing and it was instantly just anhilated. here's where things got wierd. It was not really a fight but more like pulling in the anchor. what we pulled out of the water was a small one pound plus large mouth bass on the front hook and a five and three quarter pound large mouth on the back hook. I guess the big one couldn't put up a fight with the little one slapping him in the face.

crazy stuff. I will see about getting the pic off of my camera.

Them silver fishes don't just grow ginormous out west... Caught Saturday morning on Lake Michigan out of Traverse City, MI...

Unlike our ski hills, we can actually match you guys out west as far as size goes in this game :ices_ange

I'm sorry what was the question again????:biggthump

I think you have heard of a 5 man rock correct? This was a 5 man fish out west.

post-53-141842259489_thumb.jpeg