Note to New Members ×

Anyone up for a ride next weekend?

AccidentalChef

Anyone feel l ike riding next Saturday or Sunday? I've been putting in quite a few miles on the bike, so I think I might actually be able to keep up now. Anybody have an idea for a trail that's maybe a bit mellower than apex? Alternating between up and down more frequently and less carrying the bike through rock gardens would be fun. Oh yeah, and I picked up a camelback and some water bottles, so no need to worry about me dying of dehydration this time. :biggthump

I will have a couple folks up in my area (aldefer three sisters) for a ride. I don't know when yet but I will keep you posted. ATS is much easier than Apex while still being fun. Even if you don't ride with us you should check it out sometime.

Hydrate or die

By the way, how did that Abstract Algebra final go?

Ink

Survived Abstract Algebra, but only just barely. I'm now carrying over a gallon of water with me when I ride, so I think I've got the hydration thing under control. Let's say I learned my lesson from Apex. ATS looks pretty cool. Definitely let me know when you're going to ride it. I need to get some more practice on my mountain biking skills, but I'm getting pretty comfortable on a bike again. I probably put in 120 miles last week, and was 40 miles into a 50 mile ride yesterday when I double flatted (Another lesson learned: Carry 2 tubes and a patch kit).

Any time you want to ride will probably work for me, just let me know. I'm used to getting up early these days... if I'm not out the door early, any kind of decent ride gets miserable fast. Maybe I should have learned the whole "sleep early or be miserable in the morning" thing during the winter. Anyway, let me know what works for a ride.

Steve

Hittin' Frasier on Sat with the lovely Phyllis, Sunday I am open, Farmer and Sean are interested, I will drop them a line and see what they think about riding out your back yard, I think we should shoot for really stupid early, it is going to be misirable hot on sunday. LOTB was disgustingly hot last night, though I did pull off a few trials moves that impressed the masses. I will bring a few frosties for post ride. Steve, glad to see you are gaining wisdom finally, and going to bed earlyish like the old guys you are hanging with.

Mario

I'm out on the 2nd (Albuquerque)

Another trip just scheduled, so I'm out on the 9th (Phoenix)

I'm out on the 16th (Cleveland)

Might have another one so possibly out on the 23rd - hopefully not (Miami)

I'm tired of this chit!!!

Luckily the Wichita trip scheduled for Aug/Sept was canceled. Sadly, it was the only trip I was looking forward to. :(

I'm out on the 2nd (Albuquerque)

Another trip just scheduled, so I'm out on the 9th (Phoenix)

I'm out on the 16th (Cleveland)

Might have another one so possibly out on the 23rd - hopefully not (Miami)

I'm tired of this chit!!!

Luckily the Wichita trip scheduled for Aug/Sept was canceled. Sadly, it was the only trip I was looking forward to. :(

DT

That SUCKS!!

So, does this mean that I get to demo your bikeS while you are away?!? :)

Ink